When will it end ? The madness

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hobbit, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It appears that talks involving the USA, Australia and Japan have lead to the idea to recruit India in a pact of some kind that would provide a ' circle ' around China as some kind of containment ? strategy. Whatever the intent, apart from provoking the emerging monster, what's the point when so much raw material is being poured into the place, China, not least the proposal by Australia to sell uranium to the country.
    A further inexplicable process is the massive purchase of cheap Chinese goods to the detriment of home industry.In addition to this so many firms are moving ' off shore ' and deserting their own country ( and people ) for low cost labour and self destructing their own economy. Get rich quick but at what price. Stuffed if I can work it out but it doesn't make sense to me but what's the answer ? Maybe if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :???:

2. Perhaps the idea is to make India, which has a population which will shortly outstrip China since the Ghandi's sterilisation programme collapsed, the new China, after all it is already democratic, and capitalist.

3. An interesting point re the sterilisation program failure in India.As with China , Indians, according to a report I read recently, favour male children and the balance of male / female is tilting in the male direction in both countries.
    The interesting time will be is when the males ( in China and India )outnumber the females to the extent that they need to seek women elsewhere. After self preservation procreation is the next most powerfull human instinct I understand. We live in interesting times someone once stated. :grin: :grin:

A sobering thought, maybe the plot is to turn India and China against each other.

4. Democratic ?????????
    Capitalist? - Yeah, if the state owning 50% of your company is true capitalism.

5. Having worked in China for many years I have come to the conclusion that the West has nothing to fear militarily from China. What we should be worried about is the fact that they have a hard working population who exist without a benefit system (thats why they are hard working) and it will not be many years before their economy outstrips that of the UK and the Chinese own many of our industries and assets.