When will I get my start date?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by alex123, Feb 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to collingwood tomorrow for my RNAC and I'm just wondering when will my start date come in the post-how long before going in will i get the letter?

Also, I'm going in as ETWE and had done all of the pre joining stuff by december (did the RT test in october) so when will my start date most likely be?

I've seen some people on here have already got there start dates for june/july and i'm wondering if i should of already recieved it?

Cheers

2. Ring your AFCO, I rang the other week to ask about something and they advised me of my date then, I still haven't received the letter but as I was advised over the phone there will be other branches starting sooner.

3. I am now getting pissed off, I will let you know when you are fit to Join the Royal Navy, PM me, if you don`t like my attitude, fukc off.

4. I called my AFCO straight after coming back from Collingwood and they gave me my provisional date then.

I just wonder how long you have to wait til the date is not longer provisional but permanent, and when you get your contract??!!

5. It will come when it comes :) all in good time.

6. You get your contract when you get to HMS Raleigh AFAIK after a cooling off period.

7. I'm 56 and would like to re-join the RN do think a recruiter will laugh at me?

Well every one is asking stupid questions why can't I!! :lol: :lol:

8. Because your generation is supposed to know better :wink:

9. Round spherical things. :lol: :lol:

My wife wants to know when I WILL grow up!!!! :? So she can stop buying me XBox games and motorbikes.

Since when has humour and sarcasm been the solely the department of the young anyway? :wink: :roll:

10. Congrats on obtaining your wings. Sir??? Tim but Dim Harrier Pilot???

11. Well played, Waspie :lol:

I liked the picture.