When schools were not PC

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stan_the_man, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the late 60s as a lad in school who's old man was regularly unemployed I was entitled to free school dinners. Every morning teacher did the attendance register, no problems there, then the dinner register would be done - funny but all the guys names who were receiving free schools meals were at the bottom of the register thereby every fcuker in class knew who's dads were on the dole!!
    Hows that for life kicking you in the balls at an early age.
  2. My dad died when I was only 2 yrs old and mam brought us up on her own so I too was on free school din-dins.
    When I started at secondary school mam bought the school uniform but I had worn it out come 3rd yr so I was in hand me downs, the ONLY kid out of 500 not in uniform.

3. I remember that. It stopped in primary school for me.
  4. Remember 2 "poor" kids in our class when I was 7/8 they had to use the school PE kit. I think the shorts would fit me now, they had to run around and use one hand to keep em up.
  5. I remember when at primary school, at times we would be passing Long Kesh prison on the school bus, and the usual remark would be made..."Your Da is in there!" Haha!

The odd time you'd get someone who would say quietly..."My Da really IS in there!" Then flash the leather wallets made by the prisoners,embossed with guns and slogans.
  6. Wots a school?
  7. To make matters worse cos we were so skint I had to wear my primary school shorts until I was 13!!! fcuking hell that sort of baggage stays with you for life. Remember hiding behind the "sofa" with mum and dad when the milkman and debt collectors were knocking.
    No electricity just candles beans and chips echo margarine on stale bread.
    Thank fcuk for Ganges at 15.
  8. Luxury........
  9. Stan you honestly don't know how lucky you were! We were so poor that my parents used to dress us all from Bogie Knights Govt Surplus Stores in Devonport. Embarrased you say? Try going to school dressed as a Japanese Admiral!!!! ( Wished I'd still had the rig when I ended up in Shotley ) :-D
  10. :roll: I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!

Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oh, God - Monty Python fest is it? :)
  12. My old man was at the Italian Navy surrender during WW11 and coming from a long line of Pikeys he knicked half a dozen Italian officers swords and daggers off them, me and my kid brother would fence in the street with the feckers until mum gave me a belting for cutting the tip of his finger off in a friendly joust!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hey shippers you really crack me up
  14. HAHAHA, beats playing Knights of the round table with half tree branch!!!