Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when is the main summer leave?

nufc70

Badgeman
Guzzler said:
Raleigh go on Summer Leave 7 August and return 7 September so you'll have a break during Phase 1.

ok thanks. bit annoying that actually but i suppose it cant be helped. i reckon people are going to forget a lot of there training in those 4 weeks on leave. i might only be a week or 2 from passing out but have to go on 4 weeks leave 8O !

nufc70

Badgeman
thingy said:
I like the way that before you've even started training, you want to know when you'll be getting leave! :lol:

Bless! :D

lol no im just asking because i live miles away from Raleigh and i need to sort out accomodation for my family to stay when i pass out. and needed this clarifying before i can sort anything.

Polto

War Hero
nufc70 said:
Guzzler said:
Raleigh go on Summer Leave 7 August and return 7 September so you'll have a break during Phase 1.

ok thanks. bit annoying that actually but i suppose it cant be helped. i reckon people are going to forget a lot of there training in those 4 weeks on leave. i might only be a week or 2 from passing out but have to go on 4 weeks leave 8O !

They won't forget much. This isn't the first time ever there's been a leave period during training. :wink: It happens all the time. We don't all suddenly become stupid because we've gone home. You on the other hand might be different.... :lol:

the_matelot

War Hero
nufc70 said:
the_matelot said:
nufc, what are you joining up as?

im joining as an ET(ME). what are you joining up as?

What am I joining up as? Shipwreck, I've been in 12 years. The reason I asked is that Collingwood's main leave starts on 07 Aug and everyone goes back to work on 01 Sep after the Bank Holiday Monday. I believe that Sultan has the same leave dates as well.

Raleigh and BRNC get longer leave periods than other Naval establishments.

nufc70

Badgeman
the_matelot said:
nufc70 said:
the_matelot said:
nufc, what are you joining up as?

im joining as an ET(ME). what are you joining up as?

What am I joining up as? Shipwreck, I've been in 12 years. The reason I asked is that Collingwood's main leave starts on 07 Aug and everyone goes back to work on 01 Sep after the Bank Holiday Monday. I believe that Sultan has the same leave dates as well.

Raleigh and BRNC get longer leave periods than other Naval establishments.

oh right sorry there hope i didnt offend ya :oops: lol. ok i see, well there could be worse things than 4 weeks paid leave :lol:

the_matelot

War Hero
CraigV said:
Does this also apply to MCD training in Horsea?
And do trainees still get payed?

Trainee Divers live in HMS Collingwood and you will have the same leave dates as I mentioned above.

No you do not get payed. However, you do get paid.....

IainMcD

Midshipman
Indeed, a friend of mine went down to Raleigh 1 week before christmas, came home for 2 weeks then went back down after new year!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Eurocopter EC135T1, corrosion-initiated fracture of a main rotor actuator tie bar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
S Main differences between the Subs and the surface fleet? Submariners 16
soleil Diamond Ready to Deploy as She Fires Her Main Weapon for the First Time (c/w video) The Fleet 0
supermario Redundancy Announcements - Main Thread Current Affairs 89
alfred_the_great Main RSS Feed Site Issues 4
T what are the main duties of a casing officer? Submariners 14
D splice the main brace Blogs 19
scouse Nearest pub from the main gate/Fish Heads est/ included The Fleet Air Arm 38
R HMS Endurance without main power Current Affairs 80
andym Posts not shown on Main page Site Issues 7
F MOD Main Building Bases / Shore Est 14
Jimmy_Green Main Broadcast bites Diamond Lil's 27
MoD_RSS Giving students advance notice of exam topics for summer 2021 should be handled with care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra measures to support students ahead of next summer’s exams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer 2020 outcomes did not systemically disadvantage students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on grading vocational and technical qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Love Culture Week as part of Enjoy Summer Safely MoD News 0
soleil FB: RNR: "No Summer Rest For Reservist Cadets Aiming To Become Officers" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
MoD_RSS Beat the rush by getting your MOT done this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to Heads of centre - Summer 2020 results MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Insolvency Service newsletter: Summer 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual Summer Symposium 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Space sector to back 50 SP-INternships this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recreational team sport to return safely this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer Statement delivers plan for jobs in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer Statement delivers plans for jobs in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of children offered nutritious breakfasts during summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Self-isolation lifted for lower risk countries in time for holidays this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exmouth tidal defence scheme construction pauses for summer season MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual decisions on awarding vocational and technical qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exceptional arrangements for awarding qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual consultation on awarding vocational and technical qualifications in summer 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Awarding vocational and technical qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How GCSEs, AS & A levels will be awarded in summer 2020 MoD News 0
F Summer leave Dates WD Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Free meals and summer holiday activities for children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer 2019 data exchange procedure MoD News 0
S Will summer leave alter Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Top marks as school gets summer makeover from Highways England workers MoD News 0
MorganCUFC HMS Collingwood Summer Leave 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS How does your bank compare? Summer results published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Insolvency Service newsletter: Summer 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check rules on towing before summer holidays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Insolvency Service newsletter: Summer 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Be aware of safety warning signs when swimming near water structures this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Anti-corruption newsletter: summer 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0