when is bounty paid again?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Purple_twiglet, Apr 1, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Can anyone remind me if it is April / May / June?

2. Should be April's pay if you were down as qualified in the pay run at the middle of March. Those who hadn't met all the criteria until later in March will get it in May.

That isn't to say JPA will actually do that though...

3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

So it should theoretically be in today? Interesting...

4. In the TAs we'd usually get it just after the April pay cheque, i.e first week in May.

On a related note, does anyone know what the crack is with a 'partial bounty?'

I'm led to believe that if you joined during the bounty year, you don't have to complete the full commitment to qualify for bounty. You do a pro rata commitment based on how long you've been in. i.e. if you joined 6 months before bounty cut off, you'd get half a bounty providing you'd completed your RNFT, JPA checks and 12 days of service. Likewise 3 months = 6 days service and a quarter of your bounty.

I never encountered this in the TA, you either got it or you didn't.

Any truth in this? A quarter of a bounty for me is a cheeky 400 odd quid which would be a reet treat.

5. Doesn't April's pay come on 1st May?

6. PT

I think that the answer may be in 04.0515 c of JSP 754 which says:

c. Payments will be processed 1 April each year at the rate in issue on that date. The payment will be for training completed in the year immediately prior to 1 April of that year and will be paid at the end of the April pay period. All part year payments will be made at the rate currently in issue.

There's lots more in that section of JSP 754 about the bounty etc.

RAF Community - Pay, Allowances & Pensions

(Apologies, I hadn't seen the earlier replies when I was typing)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  7. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good to see Rum Ration has now caught up with ARRSE in asking when Bounties are paid!

Next thread will no doubt be "When do we get paid this month?" :pottytrain3:

8. PT -doubt it will ever get paid on 1st April, as the paperwork etc takes time to get processed - it is normally in the bank circa 1st May -though if CO has authorised a 13-month Bounty Year (ie allowed an individual to use April 2014 to count as 2013/14 Training Year) it is likely to come in June's pay.

2DD - there is apartial Bounty, but sadly few people are aware of it. I would email your DO requesting a "Partial bounty based on XX days ORT and XX days SA which is the pro-rata equivellent of my XX months in the RNR during this Bounty Year".
    He/She should then fwd up the chain until it gets to someone who konows about it.

Good luck

9. Happy days, cheers for the gen.

Looks like my unit are on it. There is a bounty matrix on the noticeboard telling everyone what they need to do to qualify. I was most surprised to see my name on the list with '6 days' in the MTD column.

On questioning what this meant, the partial bounty thing was very loosely explained to me, but I just assumed it was too good to be true.

10. I should be clearer - you'll be paid at the end of April, or later.

Partial bounty is not paid on bounty * (MTDs/24) but on bounty * (months in / 12). So if you've been in 6 months and do 24 days you'll still get 50% bounty, what you need to have done is as many days to pro-rata.

What does matter for new joiners is that a partial bounty gets you on to year 2 the next year.

11. And for the mathematically challenged, year 3 a year earlier, and year 4+, so if you're due part bounty in your first year and you don't get it, you're not seeing yourself off by a couple of hundred pounds; you're doing yourself out by a grand or so, spread over five years, so if you qualified for it, get it :)

• Like Like x 1