when do you hear about a joining date ?

#1
sat my fitness test on the 16th of june and just wondered when do you usually here back from them with a joining date to raliegh ? I am going in for supply chain logistics in GS btw.any help would be great thankyou :D
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#2
I'd guess around Feb '10 for starting HMS Raleigh, phase one.

If that's correct, you will probably find out in September as we usually allocate places about a term ahead.
 
#3
would this be the same for CIS (SM) - or is it likely to be sooner? A PO on the RNAC told me that the intake for submariners had closed, but I'm not sure how accurate this is?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#4
CIS(SM) (or Warfare Communicator as it's being called this week) still has vacancies in November 09 & is very much a shortage category trade.

There are no submariner trades that are full or closed to recruiting that we're aware of.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
My guess for AETs that are ready for allocation is a Jan/Feb '10 entry date.

there were vacancies 06th December, but I think that's now full.
 
#9
I concur with Ninja that the next entry dates they are now filling is early Jan 2010. Basically meaning that you would join straight after the Xmas leave break for Raleigh.

SM

:)
 
#10
So the waiting times for all jobs are going up then!

How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask?
 
#11
Ninja_Stoker said:
My guess for AETs that are ready for allocation is a Jan/Feb '10 entry date.

there were vacancies 06th December, but I think that's now full.
Reckon I'll get one of those January dates if I pass the medical in August? :oops:

iirc, the medical is on my birthday :?
 
#12
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
My guess for AETs that are ready for allocation is a Jan/Feb '10 entry date.

there were vacancies 06th December, but I think that's now full.
Reckon I'll get one of those January dates if I pass the medical in August? :oops:

iirc, the medical is on my birthday :?
Maybe buddy, could be longer though. Spoke to my AFCO Oppo about going in earlier and he said "not a chance, the aircraft carriers have been scrapped so AET's are getting a bit of a setback".

Anyone know what he's referring to?
 
#14
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
My guess for AETs that are ready for allocation is a Jan/Feb '10 entry date.

there were vacancies 06th December, but I think that's now full.
Reckon I'll get one of those January dates if I pass the medical in August? :oops:

iirc, the medical is on my birthday :?
My great grandad joined the RN on his 15th birthday.... spent his first night aged 15 at the G Spot Annexe, waiting for enough people to turn up for his nozzer training to begin.... wondering if he'd made the right decision. :twisted:

He loved the RN..... AFTER the G-Spot where he got 6 cuts for being in the heads when someone ELSE was smoking! Talk about injustice! :lol:

My dad decided to join the RAF instead... only for National Service mind... but he still hated basic training! :D

So Dr Z, will you apply to become a nozzer on your next birthday?
 
#15
I heard it might be June '10 now for CTs - I hope not, I was told Oct '09 originally... oh well, I can wait, just means more time to perfect my ironing and vacuuming skills.
 
#16
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask?
 

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
#17
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask
There is a thread on here that states the waiting times
 
#18
Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask
There is a thread on here that states the waiting times
Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC. So crawl back under your rock and i'll wait for an answer from someone who;

A. Can answer the question that i asked,
B. Someone who knows what there talking about?
 

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
#19
catton01 said:
Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask
There is a thread on here that states the waiting times
Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC. So crawl back under your rock and i'll wait for an answer from someone who;

A. Can answer the question that i asked,
B. Someone who knows what there talking about?
boy.... You have some anger issues, you should see a shrink.. 8O

Ring up and ask them, i did, just ring them up, how hard can it be? :roll: :roll:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#20
catton01 said:
Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask
There is a thread on here that states the waiting times
Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC.
AFCOs do not automatically book RNACs, the candidate has to indicate they wish to attend one, stating their availability dates to attend & also indicating any dates they cannot attend.

With regard notification of entry dates, as indicated on the 2nd post on this thread, we allocate a term ahead so those joining Jan/Feb will find out Sept/Oct.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Health & Fitness 16
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Blue Jokes 1

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top