Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when do you hear about a joining date ?

GregorCdog

Midshipman
sat my fitness test on the 16th of june and just wondered when do you usually here back from them with a joining date to raliegh ? I am going in for supply chain logistics in GS btw.any help would be great thankyou :D

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'd guess around Feb '10 for starting HMS Raleigh, phase one.

If that's correct, you will probably find out in September as we usually allocate places about a term ahead.

would this be the same for CIS (SM) - or is it likely to be sooner? A PO on the RNAC told me that the intake for submariners had closed, but I'm not sure how accurate this is?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
CIS(SM) (or Warfare Communicator as it's being called this week) still has vacancies in November 09 & is very much a shortage category trade.

There are no submariner trades that are full or closed to recruiting that we're aware of.

Another one on this, i passed my fitness test on Monday just gone 29th June, im joining as an AET. Would i be starting raleigh this year?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My guess for AETs that are ready for allocation is a Jan/Feb '10 entry date.

there were vacancies 06th December, but I think that's now full.

I concur with Ninja that the next entry dates they are now filling is early Jan 2010. Basically meaning that you would join straight after the Xmas leave break for Raleigh.

SM

:)

So the waiting times for all jobs are going up then!

How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask?

Zoidberg

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:

Reckon I'll get one of those January dates if I pass the medical in August? :oops:

iirc, the medical is on my birthday :?

FistFullOfNails

Lantern Swinger
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Reckon I'll get one of those January dates if I pass the medical in August? :oops:

Maybe buddy, could be longer though. Spoke to my AFCO Oppo about going in earlier and he said "not a chance, the aircraft carriers have been scrapped so AET's are getting a bit of a setback".

Anyone know what he's referring to?

Dr.Zoidberg said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

My great grandad joined the RN on his 15th birthday.... spent his first night aged 15 at the G Spot Annexe, waiting for enough people to turn up for his nozzer training to begin.... wondering if he'd made the right decision. :twisted:

He loved the RN..... AFTER the G-Spot where he got 6 cuts for being in the heads when someone ELSE was smoking! Talk about injustice! :lol:

My dad decided to join the RAF instead... only for National Service mind... but he still hated basic training! :D

So Dr Z, will you apply to become a nozzer on your next birthday?

Feagal

Badgeman
I heard it might be June '10 now for CTs - I hope not, I was told Oct '09 originally... oh well, I can wait, just means more time to perfect my ironing and vacuuming skills.

I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask?

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask

There is a thread on here that states the waiting times

Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:
I passed my pjft on monday for AET. How long can i expect to wait to hear something? I would definately like to go on the RNAC, i take it the afco would ring me with a date for this, or do i need to ring and ask

Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC. So crawl back under your rock and i'll wait for an answer from someone who;

A. Can answer the question that i asked,
B. Someone who knows what there talking about?

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
catton01 said:
Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:

Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC. So crawl back under your rock and i'll wait for an answer from someone who;

A. Can answer the question that i asked,
B. Someone who knows what there talking about?

boy.... You have some anger issues, you should see a shrink.. 8O

Ring up and ask them, i did, just ring them up, how hard can it be? :roll: :roll:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
catton01 said:
Scarface2009 said:
catton01 said:

Ok well done. But thats not what i asked now was it? I know when the dates for raleigh are likely to be, my question was with regards to RNAC.

AFCOs do not automatically book RNACs, the candidate has to indicate they wish to attend one, stating their availability dates to attend & also indicating any dates they cannot attend.

With regard notification of entry dates, as indicated on the 2nd post on this thread, we allocate a term ahead so those joining Jan/Feb will find out Sept/Oct.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Flatcapper83 When will hear about my entry date in writing? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
mramused Do you hear there? Nautical Jokes 75
BillyNoMates "D'you hear there - Leave!" Travel & The Great Outdoors 24
SONAR-BENDER Good hear innit m8? Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits Dalgety Bay to hear concerns of local community Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation The Royal British Legion's Magazine Want to Hear from YOU Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation BBC Want to hear from you Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates D'you hear there! Today is - Diamond Lil's 9
Illuminati Did anyone hear about that new Muslim strip joint that just opened?? Diamond Lil's 0
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want to Hear During Surgery Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want To Hear When Regaining Consciousness Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Land Ops 1
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Blue Jokes 1
P Portsmouth News wants to hear your HMS Ark Royal stories Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
theymademedoit Great to hear the Froggies have 100% got our backs... Current Affairs 1
2_deck_dash Do you hear there....Radar Maintainer......Bridge. Diamond Lil's 14
T (NORMAN)You could hear a pin drop The Gash Barge 56
sgtpepperband "D'ya hear there - calling all beards..." Diamond Lil's 11
wetanduseless Still waiting to hear from AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Joint_Force_Harrier Bloody Crabs "Lorraine Kelly to hear them dripping" Diamond Lil's 12
Goatman_Blue D'ye HEAR there? British 10K London 12 July 09 Sports and Adventure Training 0
Maxi_77 Gordon Really Wanmts To Hear From You Current Affairs 13
L You Gotta hear this bloke sing! The Internet - Best and Worst 6
brazenhussy If he could hear me now......... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
brazenhussy what do you really hate to hear people say? Diamond Lil's 64
T Just applied, how long to hear something? The Corps 9
J Will an IVA stop me from joining? Joining the Royal Navy 2
S Joining Process - Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S Joining process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Joining during COVID-19 RFA 3
O Joining date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
F Joining RNR/RMR - Potential Transfer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
A Course joining instructions Bases / Shore Est 7
D Female joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Pre Joining Fitness Test Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
I Officer joining requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
chorzxx Pre-joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Trying to trump the age stakes. Joining at 38, possibilities? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
A Joining up with hay-fever. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Joining with hay-fever. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Multiirishman Joining the Rfa RFA 22
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
Y Issue about Joining (Asperger's) Joining the Royal Navy 1
H Joining as a marine engineer (submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W Joining kit l Joining the Royal Navy 36
N Joining Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35