When do I get my entrance date?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JLF93, May 15, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm currently towards the end of the recruitment process to join the RN. I've completed and passed all tests and cleared the security clearance two weeks ago.
    I'm unsure as to how long it will be until I hear back from AFCO in them bidding me a place in the RN, and how it is I'll hear from them. Phone call, email, letter ect?
    If anyone could advise me before I contact my AFCO, that would be much appreciated.

Additional information;
    Joining as AB CIS regular service

2. They will let you know when you have been allocated a place, pretty sure there are no fixed timescales. However ninjaaaa on here says usually 6-9 months before your entry date unless a last minute place crops up in which time can be considerably less. So depends on the wait time for your trade and when a place becomes available. Did your afco give you any indication of how long you can expect to be waiting?

3. Thanks for the reply Rachelthree.
    I've been told the entrance date for my particular trade is 10 months in advance. I'm just uncertain as to when I'd actually receive my entrance date now that I've had my security clearance.

4. It will be when you are allocated a date so can vary, i am just an applicant myself so not sure of the technical details but as soon as you are booked onto basic training it will ping a message to your afco. They will then let you know straight away :) was it 10 months from RT?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not sure why there's a preference to enquire on an unofficial forum about potential start dates rather than ask the person professionally qualified and paid to do just that - your Careers Adviser.

Best bet? Ask the person paid to recruit & guide you.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Fair one. If you want a broad idea, crack-on.

I very much doubt you have not already been given a more qualified idea by the person employed to recruit. Security Clearance has nothing to do with the allocation of entry dates other than the fact it is needed to join, but doesn't delay the allocation of an entry date unless you have former service.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Makes entire sense.