When do I get lump sum?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
I have just Slim’s AFPS 05 explanation attachment and must admit it doesn’t read as I understand 05. I am on 05 having transferred from 75, left the service in 09 my pension projection which I have in front of me now reads as follows, Annual EDP income £X, EDP Lump sum £X x 4.28, Annual EDP income at age 55 £ X + £1,101, Perserved pension at 65 £X + £6602, Pension Lump sum at 65 same as EDP Lump sum. There is a graph included in my forecast which does show 2 lump sums. As suggested a chat with the vets gateway may be best for Rheawright ( I will be doing the same)
What you have said looks right to me --- but your pension lump sum will be the same as the EDP lump sum plus CPI inflation. The preserved AFPS 05 benefits can be claimed at any age from 55 (at a reduced rate) without any impact on the EDP income.

NotLost

Midshipman
What you have said looks right to me --- but your pension lump sum will be the same as the EDP lump sum plus CPI inflation. The preserved AFPS 05 benefits can be claimed at any age from 55 (at a reduced rate) without any impact on the EDP income.
I am waiting on Glasgow to get back to me, telephoned them on 12/4 - still no response to the 60 minute call back, I also sent a forecast request form on the 12/4 no response yet on that either.

NotLost

Midshipman
Just to close the loop, I have received my pension forecast today and it is as expected AFPS 05, pension lump sum and pension is paid from age 65. This must be claimed 3 months prior to your 65th birthday.

Bob Deeps

Well done. Having been told I am on AFPS 05, after the clerical error, I have requested a forecast on form 14. This, I am informed, will take 20 working days. Hopefully, it will enable me to retire proper

Bob Deeps

Hi guys

Having resolved our pension scheme issue, it appeared all was well so onwards and upwards. Form 14 went in for a pension forecast. 4 weeks later, another letter stating I’m already in receipt of my pension and Form 14 returned. Anger issues starting to emerge. Contacted Veterans UK and yet another Service Request has been raised. Having established I am and always should have been on AFPS 05, they have not corrected my file and I am still shown as AFPS 75. God give me strength. I know there is no comeback as they are not service personnel, sadly. Incompetent is too mild a word for it, there can be no excuse for not updating my file the minute they found it was wrong. Watch this space!

NotLost

Midshipman
Bob, there must be grounds for an official complaint, these organisations are quick to publish customer satisfaction surveys when the results are positive. Make a complaint.

slim

War Hero
This is the problem with civil serpents. They have loads of power with feckall responsibility.
Pritty Patel tried to change this but was then accused of bullying.
FFS Pritty bully the bstrds some more and make them accountable as they would be if working for a normal company

Bob Deeps

You are both quite right. When the dust settles I will sit down and write a reasoned and calm complaint. By any standards it is shoddy service for which the MOD pays a premium price. Accountability is not in their vocabulary. It’s a pity they don’t have to work to Armed Forces standards.

Waspie

War Hero
You are both quite right. When the dust settles I will sit down and write a reasoned and calm complaint. By any standards it is shoddy service for which the MOD pays a premium price. Accountability is not in their vocabulary. It’s a pity they don’t have to work to Armed Forces standards.
Prepare for the stock answer. Remote working - Covid; - Blah - blah - blah!!!

Just had that from DWP re wife pension.