When can I get Services Family Accomodation?

crash_evans

War Hero
T&B I believe you are still PSTAT C5, which is where the whole long term relationship thing comes in. Where you will be placed in merit compared to married couples and those in a Civil partnership I don’t know.

That’s down to the UPO and Carillion Amey. Chat with your DO, I used to point my gang down the bearing and it was up to them to read the JSP and sort it.

BZ for looking into it, just manage your expectations. Good luck.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I will have a child, does that not make me eligible?
Are you in a declared long-term relationship? Plus, there's a hierarchy of eligibility - those married (with kids or not) will get priority. Add to that, I don't think those applying the rules necessarily understand them. My son had to be married to get one in Plymouth (and he has a child).

Get your head into the links you've been given and make sure you know the rules. Speak to your DO and seek their help & advice, but remember they're not necessarily an expert.

Are you in a declared long-term relationship? Plus, there's a hierarchy of eligibility - those married (with kids or not) will get priority. Add to that, I don't think those applying the rules necessarily understand them. My son had to be married to get one in Plymouth (and he has a child).

Get your head into the links you've been given and make sure you know the rules. Speak to your DO and seek their help & advice, but remember they're not necessarily an expert.
Yes, I am in a long term relationship, which I told the navy about when I applied. However I haven’t gone through the process of proving it with any documentation or payments etc yet. I will speak to my DO’s tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I will just have to marry the girl sooner rather than later! Ha.

Waspie

War Hero
Hello everyone,

I’m currently in my Phase 1 training at Raleigh, I’m on the Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme for Aircraft Engineering. My training is quite long:

- 10 weeks INT at Raleigh
- 14 weeks at Sultan
- 23 weeks at an airbase
- 51 weeks back at Sultan
- Finally a 4 week Leadership course

I do actually have a child on the way, due in December. I’m just wondering at what point will I be eligible for SFA? I’ve read different things online. Some places it says after Phase 1 training, some says after you’ve completely finished your training. I would ideally like to get in SFA during that 51 weeks at Sultan. Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks
Start looking at Culdrose and Yeovilton at a push and if your one of the chosen ones. RAF F35 land, Wherever that is!!.

As an AET you'll spend some time at one of the first two, (maybe Crabland), I would assume once you finish ALL your training.

Start looking at Culdrose and Yeovilton at a push and if your one of the chosen ones. RAF F35 land, Wherever that is!!.

As an AET you'll spend some time at one of the first two, (maybe Crabland), I would assume once you finish ALL your training.
Hoping to go for the F35’s. Obviously have to knuckle down to try and get that as a preference. It’s at RAF Marham I believe.