When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet!

C-Roi

Midshipman
I just had my Yellow Fever as well as Hep A and Typhoid, if you search for Travel Clinics near you they can usually do it, that's where my GP recommended as they "don't do occupational health".

On that note though, does anyone know where to get Mantoux and BCG done? Can't seem to find anywhere either...

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

C-Roi

Midshipman
I just had my Yellow Fever as well as Hep A and Typhoid, if you search for Travel Clinics near you they can usually do it, that's where my GP recommended as they "don't do occupational health".

On that note though, does anyone know where to get Mantoux and BCG done? Can't seem to find anywhere either...

I've just seen the Boots post. I'll keep using the saviour that is Google to see what I can find.

soleil

War Hero
Thanks. There's a couple I haven't tried yet , hopefully that's my yellow fever sorted.

Any tips for the mantoux test/tb vaccination. When I asked my GP she said ask the army for some reason I'm guessing she was just confused when I said merchant navy.

Fozzuk

There seems to be a clinic in Cardiff which offers these things, I'm just not sure whether they are actually open at the moment. Perhaps you could ring their number to see if they have a recorded message about opening again.

soleil

War Hero

Is it available at the place which did your Yellow Fever/Hep A etc, C-Roi?

C-Roi

Midshipman
Is it available at the place which did your Yellow Fever/Hep A etc, C-Roi?
Sadly not. Asked everywhere about it. Had to travel 1hr 30 mins for my blood group test, but I'm worried about what happens if I can't find somewhere to do the BCG. And I don't want it to be too far away as they have to do the Mantoux and the BCG if you are over 16 to see if you have ever had TB.

soleil

War Hero
Sadly not. Asked everywhere about it. Had to travel 1hr 30 mins for my blood group test, but I'm worried about what happens if I can't find somewhere to do the BCG. And I don't want it to be too far away as they have to do the Mantoux and the BCG if you are over 16 to see if you have ever had TB.

Which area does it need to be in?

C-Roi

Midshipman
Which area does it need to be in?
Oxfordshire area, funny looking for a job at sea when you're completely landlocked [emoji1787] will have to go into London I think. It's a hassle but has to be done.

soleil

War Hero
Oxfordshire area, funny looking for a job at sea when you're completely landlocked [emoji1787] will have to go into London I think. It's a hassle but has to be done.

They seem to be offering it here, when they are open. It's London, I know. I wish I could see somewhere in Oxfordshire.

Random

Lantern Swinger

I normally head to the local airport travel doctors for mine (also being landlocked)

Latest Threads