Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet!

Two and a half hours? Bloody hell!

Bloke rang me up on the phone and I was done in half an hour, he told me he was putting it through there and then. Took about 5 days and RFA had it.

I've been a bit of a naughty boy in the past too.

What the hell did you do?:D
I was living abroad for about 15 years, Spain and Thailand so i had to answeer more questions.

SeaBiscuit

Badgeman
Passed my AIB and due to start BRNC on 10th October. Was supposed to go in July but covid slowed down my SC. Glad it's finally done.

Also as a side note, those of you waiting for home interviews for SC will probably get a telephone interview instead. A bit of light pestering helped speed mine up.
Same- BRNC in October.

Skylarker

Badgeman
Posted previously with my provisional offer, today got my joining date for the 9th November HMS Raleigh, pretty chuffed!

*Sadly this is not yet an official date, post edit as not correct.

Last edited:

Skylarker

Badgeman
Steward Apprentice, i originally was trying to join as a chef but at the time they where not recruiting and as i am not MCA qualied they recommended this route

RFAseaman123

Midshipman
Steward Apprentice, i originally was trying to join as a chef but at the time they where not recruiting and as i am not MCA qualied they recommended this route
Ah nice one enjoy. I applied as a Deck Apprentice was meant to start in Jan this year but fell through so re applying in Jan next year. Long wait ahead like just want to start

Skylarker

Badgeman
Ah nice one enjoy. I applied as a Deck Apprentice was meant to start in Jan this year but fell through so re applying in Jan next year. Long wait ahead like just want to start
yes it is a long wait, i assume you got your Admin and Jabs done so at least you wont have that to face!

Hi mate, how did it fall through? im still waiting for apprentice seaman missed Sept start hopefully start in Jan 2021, its been almost 12 months long long process.

Ryan Lowe

Hi mate, how did it fall through? im still waiting for apprentice seaman missed Sept start hopefully start in Jan 2021, its been almost 12 months long long process.
I have just applied for apprentice seaman hope to see you guys later this year, what sort of questions can i expect in the interview.

Ryan.

Jamarse

Midshipman
I have just applied for apprentice seaman hope to see you guys later this year, what sort of questions can i expect in the interview.

Ryan.
Pretty chilled out interview - Brush up on names, classes and purpose of ships in the RFA as well as locations and compliment, weapons etc. Also seamanship skills and duties at sea and when alongside. . .

All ready to go into HMS Raleigh in April - but had my interview last April, so don't expect to be in this year!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
G Joining RFA as apprentice rating (but have a CoC) RFA 3
C Joining the RFA as a seaman apprentice RFA 4
AL86 Interested in joining RFA MM2/SG2 Apprentice RFA 16
Multiirishman Joining the Rfa RFA 23
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
R Joining the RFA whilst being Reserve RFA 6
R Joining the RFA RFA 3
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
O Joining the RFA in Jan 19 RFA 47
J Joining rfa RFA 20
M Joining the RFA RFA 7
B Joining the rfa Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Joining the RFA (ex RN aircraft handler ) RFA 5
A Joining the RFA from the RN RFA 6
C Joining the RFA RFA 6
B RFA joining medical RFA 2
S I'm thinking about joining the RFA RFA 13
S Joining RFA RFA 1
W Joining the RFA questions? RFA 10
S medical clarification - RFA joining process RFA 1
A Joining RFA - Maximum age RFA 15
B Thinking of joining RFA, travel fund to ship questions RFA 9
RFA at HMS Raleigh RFA Cadet Joining Process RFA 8
P EX RN joining the RFA RFA 20
G Joining RFA - Rating recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Re Joining RFA RFA 1
L Joining the RFA. RFA 6
L Another RFA joining thread. RFA 2
S Joining RFA RFA 24
C "Joining the RFA as an Engineering Officer Cadet through the HND route" RFA 3
SnaggyBosun Another joining the RFA post! RFA 7
I Joining the RFA? RFA 876
F joining RFA RFA 94
D Joining as a rating at 30 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Joining the RNR during the 1980's? History 5
E 2021 joining timeline - Engineering officer cadet RFA 1
M Joining process in COVID 19 Joining the Royal Navy 16
Dredd Re-joining - with a twist The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Aspiring pilot Mya among youngsters joining the cadets during lockdown MoD News 0
C RNR Joining Problems Joining the Royal Navy 4
H Joining up. The Gash Barge 8
Blondie2000 Female joining RN engineering apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 60
J Joining Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
T Ex clankies daughter joining up as a food destroyer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
F What's the joining process for doing PTI Direct entry and how long is the wait at the moment? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
J Advice on joining the RN. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
N Ratings Joining Advice - 25 Year Old Grad Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
W Questions about joining Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
N Son joining HMS Collingwood 8th Feb 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 7