When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet!

C-Roi

Midshipman
^
looking forward to the half a dozen required vaccinations?
Of course. Who doesn't love having needles stabbed into themselves. Having to find another place for yellow fever vacc is annoying, but understandable. Where do you do your initial training?

I’m doing my training at worthy down barracks. And do you live South? I know one place that is currently open and charges 55, good guy aswell.

Fozzuk

How's your hunt for places offering vaccinations going? I'm struggling to find somewhere offering yellow fever and the mantoux test in my area.

Jamarse

Midshipman
Ta for the link, I had a look and nothing in my area - I guess I'll have to make a 5 day round trip to Mainland GB. Nothing like turning a jab into a jaunt!

Fozzuk

Thanks. There's a couple I haven't tried yet , hopefully that's my yellow fever sorted.

Any tips for the mantoux test/tb vaccination. When I asked my GP she said ask the army for some reason I'm guessing she was just confused when I said merchant navy.

soleil

War Hero
Thanks. There's a couple I haven't tried yet , hopefully that's my yellow fever sorted.

Any tips for the mantoux test/tb vaccination. When I asked my GP she said ask the army for some reason I'm guessing she was just confused when I said merchant navy.
I did notice, when I put in Swansea to see whether anything showed up, that one of them was a branch of Boots. It might be worth ringing their number tomorrow.

I'll have a look for the mantoux test.

Jamarse

Midshipman
Aha, had to go to a Scottish version of the yellow fever site. Local one located, there goes the excuse for a Mcdonalds!

Fozzuk

Tried boots. That branch is not offering vaccinations at this time, I'll have a look at the other places tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

C-Roi

Midshipman
I just had my Yellow Fever as well as Hep A and Typhoid, if you search for Travel Clinics near you they can usually do it, that's where my GP recommended as they "don't do occupational health".

On that note though, does anyone know where to get Mantoux and BCG done? Can't seem to find anywhere either...

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

C-Roi

Midshipman
I just had my Yellow Fever as well as Hep A and Typhoid, if you search for Travel Clinics near you they can usually do it, that's where my GP recommended as they "don't do occupational health".

On that note though, does anyone know where to get Mantoux and BCG done? Can't seem to find anywhere either...

I've just seen the Boots post. I'll keep using the saviour that is Google to see what I can find.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Joining RFA as apprentice rating (but have a CoC) RFA 3
C Joining the RFA as a seaman apprentice RFA 4
AL86 Interested in joining RFA MM2/SG2 Apprentice RFA 16
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
R Joining the RFA whilst being Reserve RFA 6
R Joining the RFA RFA 3
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
O Joining the RFA in Jan 19 RFA 47
J Joining rfa RFA 20
M Joining the RFA RFA 8
B Joining the rfa Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Joining the RFA (ex RN aircraft handler ) RFA 5
A Joining the RFA from the RN RFA 6
C Joining the RFA RFA 6
B RFA joining medical RFA 2
S I'm thinking about joining the RFA RFA 13
S Joining RFA RFA 1
W Joining the RFA questions? RFA 8
S medical clarification - RFA joining process RFA 1
A Joining RFA - Maximum age RFA 15
B Thinking of joining RFA, travel fund to ship questions RFA 9
RFA at HMS Raleigh RFA Cadet Joining Process RFA 8
P EX RN joining the RFA RFA 20
G Joining RFA - Rating recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Re Joining RFA RFA 1
L Joining the RFA. RFA 6
L Another RFA joining thread. RFA 2
S Joining RFA RFA 24
C "Joining the RFA as an Engineering Officer Cadet through the HND route" RFA 3
SnaggyBosun Another joining the RFA post! RFA 7
I Joining the RFA? RFA 895
F joining RFA RFA 94
W Joining kit l Joining the Royal Navy 35
N Joining Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
S Joining tip’s and info Joining the Royal Navy 74
TechnicPR Joining with Aspergers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F Joining as a Systems Engineer as an ETO on Cruise Ships RFA 4
A Am I banned from joining the navy? Joining the Royal Navy 19
O Buying Life Insurance before joining... Finance & Pensions 17
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
E Considering joining the Royal Navy- looking for advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
E Joining up! Various. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
JBNVY18 Re Joining after PVR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
David-19™ Joining the Royal Marines Reserve at 30. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
T Joining process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Joining age, when is actually too late? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
J Joining process RFA 16
Gnasher Re-joining after 4 years Joining the Royal Navy 3