When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet!

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
I’ve put my application in for seaman apprenticeship. How long does it take for them to get into contact with you? And is there anyway to speed up the process?

thatboatguy

Midshipman
I’ve put my application in for seaman apprenticeship. How long does it take for them to get into contact with you? And is there anyway to speed up the process?
so I’m not on that route so can’t say much for sure, but when I applied for my role I think it was about a month before I heard back from initial application, then it was a case of organising the various bits and pieces. I feel like I’m being accelerated through, but that couldjust be perspective. As I’m going in as an officer I’ve done application, NSRT, SIFT, AIB and all the paperwork to get an offer, all since May 2019, so about 8 months total. Off to Dartmouth for phase one training start of Feb. It is a long process, so don’t expect to be starting training in 3 months

Also, educated use of the search function will help with some info, it doesn’t generally change much. For your search, use the phrase seamanship apprentice and search “this forum” whilst accessing from the RFA portion of the forum, and it’ll bring up anything related within the RFA section

DMC1

Okay thank you mate!
Just to give you an idea. I applied for Seaman Apprentice last year, and have been given a provisional offer to start training in April:

Aug - completed application
Sept - RT passed
Sept/Oct - submitted additional forms for ‘Sift’ process
Nov - interview passed
Dec/Jan 2020 - All admin completed including, SC online form, paperwork, medical/jabs, residency waiver. I already had a Seaman’s book.

My online security check (SC) was actually completed on Dec 4th, but I’ve still heard nothing. I gave them a call after 4 weeks to check, and they said ‘standby, in progress’. I’ll call them again on Monday.

Use the search function as best you can, and write any queries under the relevant threads. Best of luck.

Jamarse

Put my application in for Seaman Apprentice in Jan as well. Been for the psych test, completed additional forms and now waiting out. . .

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
Put my application in for Seaman Apprentice in Jan as well. Been for the psych test, completed additional forms and now waiting out. . .

I’ve got my interview on the 3rd of March. I waited about two weeks after sending my additional forms off before getting my interview date. Now to revise...