When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet!

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
I’ve put my application in for seaman apprenticeship. How long does it take for them to get into contact with you? And is there anyway to speed up the process?

thatboatguy

Midshipman
I’ve put my application in for seaman apprenticeship. How long does it take for them to get into contact with you? And is there anyway to speed up the process?
so I’m not on that route so can’t say much for sure, but when I applied for my role I think it was about a month before I heard back from initial application, then it was a case of organising the various bits and pieces. I feel like I’m being accelerated through, but that couldjust be perspective. As I’m going in as an officer I’ve done application, NSRT, SIFT, AIB and all the paperwork to get an offer, all since May 2019, so about 8 months total. Off to Dartmouth for phase one training start of Feb. It is a long process, so don’t expect to be starting training in 3 months

Also, educated use of the search function will help with some info, it doesn’t generally change much. For your search, use the phrase seamanship apprentice and search “this forum” whilst accessing from the RFA portion of the forum, and it’ll bring up anything related within the RFA section

DMC1

Okay thank you mate!
Just to give you an idea. I applied for Seaman Apprentice last year, and have been given a provisional offer to start training in April:

Aug - completed application
Sept - RT passed
Sept/Oct - submitted additional forms for ‘Sift’ process
Nov - interview passed
Dec/Jan 2020 - All admin completed including, SC online form, paperwork, medical/jabs, residency waiver. I already had a Seaman’s book.

My online security check (SC) was actually completed on Dec 4th, but I’ve still heard nothing. I gave them a call after 4 weeks to check, and they said ‘standby, in progress’. I’ll call them again on Monday.

Use the search function as best you can, and write any queries under the relevant threads. Best of luck.

Jamarse

Midshipman

Put my application in for Seaman Apprentice in Jan as well. Been for the psych test, completed additional forms and now waiting out. . .

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
Put my application in for Seaman Apprentice in Jan as well. Been for the psych test, completed additional forms and now waiting out. . .

I’ve got my interview on the 3rd of March. I waited about two weeks after sending my additional forms off before getting my interview date. Now to revise...

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
That was fast, I was told that the sift won't be until June!

I know I was quiet surprised myself although I can’t complain the sooner the better! I did skip the Psych test as I’ve still got an in date one from when I took the test in college with a navy recruiter. Maybe that’s why.

I’m due to join HMS Raleigh on 20 April and flying in from overseas on 7 April. Are there any rumours circulating about training and the current CORVID-19 virus?
1584099049703.png

That Newb is absolutely right, Sol, our RR Buzz Factory has been far too slack lately.

Waltz Jenny Dabber down to the NAAFI with you & spin fistfuls of gash dits in the Bog Roll & Sanitiser queues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
G Joining RFA as apprentice rating (but have a CoC) RFA 3
C Joining the RFA as a seaman apprentice RFA 4
AL86 Interested in joining RFA MM2/SG2 Apprentice RFA 16
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
R Joining the RFA whilst being Reserve RFA 6
R Joining the RFA RFA 3
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
O Joining the RFA in Jan 19 RFA 47
J Joining rfa RFA 20
M Joining the RFA RFA 8
B Joining the rfa Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Joining the RFA (ex RN aircraft handler ) RFA 5
A Joining the RFA from the RN RFA 6
C Joining the RFA RFA 6
B RFA joining medical RFA 2
S I'm thinking about joining the RFA RFA 13
S Joining RFA RFA 1
W Joining the RFA questions? RFA 8
S medical clarification - RFA joining process RFA 1
A Joining RFA - Maximum age RFA 15
B Thinking of joining RFA, travel fund to ship questions RFA 9
RFA at HMS Raleigh RFA Cadet Joining Process RFA 8
P EX RN joining the RFA RFA 20
G Joining RFA - Rating recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Re Joining RFA RFA 1
L Joining the RFA. RFA 6
L Another RFA joining thread. RFA 2
S Joining RFA RFA 24
C "Joining the RFA as an Engineering Officer Cadet through the HND route" RFA 3
SnaggyBosun Another joining the RFA post! RFA 7
I Joining the RFA? RFA 895
F joining RFA RFA 94
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Issue about Joining (Asperger's) Joining the Royal Navy 1
H Joining as a marine engineer (submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W Joining kit l Joining the Royal Navy 36
N Joining Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
S Joining tip’s and info Joining the Royal Navy 74
TechnicPR Joining with Aspergers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F Joining as a Systems Engineer as an ETO on Cruise Ships RFA 4
A Am I banned from joining the navy? Joining the Royal Navy 39
O Buying Life Insurance before joining... Finance & Pensions 17
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
E Considering joining the Royal Navy- looking for advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
E Joining up! Various. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
JBNVY18 Re Joining after PVR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
David-19™ Joining the Royal Marines Reserve at 30. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11