When Are You Going to HMS Raleigh? OBSERVE PERSEC

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Thank you. Understand the into training targets and the recruitment pipeline.
Was told he’d get a conditional start date when aptitude test was passed but it was left blank. Is anyone able to advise intake dates up to December pkease?
In a nutshell..no, for the reasons previously stated.

Civvie dad

Lantern Swinger
Can only speak of my lads experience, his took 8 months start to finish with a 6 week wait during the medical process , others on his intake as etme took upto 2 years , after living the recruiting process with him there are that many variables it’s impossible to give a start date , his wasn’t applied for until the medical and pjft were completed, we thought the sc took a while taking 6 weeks but hearing some stories from his oppos that was pretty quick , to guess a date you may as well throw the bones and see where they land as it’s probably more accurate

Emfilly

So he didn’t get through interview because they said he did t know enough about marine engineer branch or give a good enough reason why he had chosen marine engineering- second chance in 8 weeks. He’s gutted, thought he’d answered everything ok and he’s wanted this since sea cadet jnr at 10 years old :-( any advice?

fishhead

War Hero
So he didn’t get through interview because they said he did t know enough about marine engineer branch or give a good enough reason why he had chosen marine engineering- second chance in 8 weeks. He’s gutted, thought he’d answered everything ok and he’s wanted this since sea cadet jnr at 10 years old :-( any advice?
There is plenty of advice for job interviewees to be found on the web. Every interviewer is looking to see how much knowledge the candidate has about his/her chosen profession and signs of enthusiasm. It is very easy for the candidate to get nervous and not come across very convincingly. The advice is to get some interview practice and swat up in the areas where he was found to be lacking knowledge. He wasn't written off as he's been granted a second chance so use the time wisely and garner as much info as there is to be found. On this site questions have been asked about various branches and what duties can be expected though some of the answers are dated there will be plenty that still apply.
Good luck next time.

Waspie

War Hero
Bad luck but at least he gets a second bite.

He needs to swot up on his chosen trade. As @fishhead says, lots about most branches on here. Search box top of home page is your friend.

Please don't take offence, but you weren't at the interview. You have only one side of the story. He obviously didn't do 'ok' as he thinks. So take the positives, (he didn't get a 'don't come back'), and get him to research more than he did if indeed the navy is the career he wishes to pursue. There is lots of competition out there so he needs to display that the Navy is for him. Being a Sea Cadet isn't a right of passage.

Good luck and get HIM to research. Not mum or dad. They're not sitting the interview!

Sorry if it comes across hard but he really does have to sell himself. A lesson most of learnt.
In my case I had three attempts to get my chosen trade so I have an inkling into rejection.

@fishhead . Aha, a fair question agreed.

Within this distorted minefield of my mind I was puzzled as to whether that 'phil rice' (who was asking 'for a daughter' BTW), had a daughter with ambition to:

A. to become a Midwife & wear a Blue Suit.
or
B. to wear a Blue Suit but in dire need of a midwife whilst in the service.

Mmm - Puzzled of Portsmiff...

Bob L