When are the intakes for new recruits?

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Tom1901, Jun 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 16 years old and i would like to join the RMR either leeds or manchester (I live somewhere between the two). I have searched on the internet but all the information i can find is different and i couldn't find much on the official MOD website about the selection proccess. I am not sure whether i could just join now or if i have to wait for a specific date to start training. And i am not entirely sure of the standard of fitness they expect you to have.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers.

2. I suggest calling up RMR Mersey (Manchester Det) or RMR Tyne (Leeds Det) and they will happy to give you all the information you need.

I just had a quick look at the RN website though and it is fairly clear on dates for Mersey at least

"Our next Pre Royal Marines Reserve Course weekend will be 22 - 24 May 2009 and 04 – 06 September 2009"

That would be september then!

All the information you seek is held here
    http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/royalmarines/units-and-deployments/royal-marines-reserves/
    All you have to do is find it!!!

3. Cheers. I've been looking on google and I have a better idea now, I think i'm going to try the leeds det. It seems leeds would be the easiest and cheapest to travel to. I'm going to go to the recruitment office tomorrow and get the forms i need to fill in etc. Might speed up the process, get me into holding troop earlier. I really ned to put some weght on though. I'm 6ft and weigh 12 stone. I think i can run well enough but i'm not very strong. Currently i can do 64 sit ups in 2 mins, 25 press ups in 2 minutes :roll: , and 4 pull ups. Pretty crap compared to the standard i need to get to i suppose but i've made my self a fitness programe and i've stuck to it so far. I gather that the leeds intake is also september so i have 2.5 months ish to get super fit.. I'll try my best.

4. Good Luck!