when are the holidays?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by richardgriffiths, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know the actual holiday dates we get given

i think we get 2 weeks off for easter, 3 weeks for summer and 2 for christmas?? is that right??

i want to know for summer, when the holiday would start, would it be in june or july? or even august?
  2. :roll: :roll: You can have your holidays (LEAVE) any time you wish, just put your request form in to your Divisional Officer, when you join!!!!! it will always be granted. They have this big thing about New entrance RETENTION :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. Couldnt tell you how it works in the navy, but in the Army it was first come first served, This also depended whether you were on courses or operational duties so i wouldnt guarentee any holidays just take what you get .
  4. Your correct for the length of leave periods during training.

Summer leave at Raleigh is 6th Aug till 6th Sept. To answer the next question that means you leave Raleigh at secure (end of working day) on the 6th Aug and return for turn to (start of working day) ont 6th Sept.

To answer the next questions...I have no idea when other training establishments leave date are.

You may also notice the correct word is LEAVE, not holiday.
  5. haha leave...sorry
    thanks, yea i didnt know wether you could actually book certain times off for summer of if they just gave you a date around july/aug
  6. When your in the fleet and depending on the ships programme you MIGHT be able to "book" leave as you call it, depending on what everyone else wants other than that your given the leave dates.. no negotiation