Wheel Spanner help please

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by argee, Apr 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Firstly, I hope i am in the correct forum, Our company have supplied the Navy with Wheel Spanners or wheelies for the past twenty years. We had an enquiry last year for these but have found out today that they have been bought from China. They were delivered to a stores on the south coast. Can anyone suggest which base they will have been delivered to and how the Navy quality control will check them against what we have supplied for so long now. The Navy don't buy these directly, instead they buy them through a sourcing company who got them from China. Your help / suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Robin

2. Naval Stores Pompey would be my guess. As a sad git, I've got one in my garage and I have no idea why.

3. I would imagine that the QC would have nothing to do with the stores at Pompey or anywhere else they have been delivered. If they are already being supplied by this new company then it's most likely that they've already been approved for use, hence why they've been delivered.

The procurement will have been conducted by Defence Equipment and Support, and the item will most likely be the responsibility of one of the Delivery Teams at Abbey Wood.

If the NSN is known then a friendly loggie or engineer should be able to identify the commodity manager from the first 4 digits.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My guess is the requirement for wheelies nowadays must have significantly reduced in the last twenty years to the extent that quality control is far less critical and probably relies on defect reporting rather than individual or percentage NDT. With regard stock holding locations, don't know but, even counting non-mag, non-ferrous & left-hand variants, I doubt the numbers needed would fill a car boot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I now work in the power generation world and only a week ago 8 wheel spanners were bought,the four large ones had NSNs on them and they are brand new!

6. Obviously your retirement comfort blanket, don’t let the reggies know as they will come a knocking.
    Or maybe you like to dress up as a pirate as Capt. Hook?:pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1::pottytrain1:

7. wal

wal Badgeman

Do Gas Queens use wheelies? Do they even know how?

8. Six penny woollies and a smalley shifter?:laughing5:

9. Do you supply sectionals ?, I would like one to carry around with me when I go to the pub, not to hit anyone with, just to lay at the side of my pint, on the high tables for vertical drinkers to inform strangers that I am deeply engrossed in conversation with a mucker.