whats your nickname/callsign

dabbzie

Lantern Swinger
I know its a terrible example but the film Top Gun had loads of nicknames/callsigns

Pete Mitchell aka Maverick (tom cruise)
Nick Bradshaw aka Goose (anthony edwards
and i could go on but i wont embarrass myself (too late) :oops:

also how did you get yours, you choose it or someone else?

dabbzie said:
I know its a terrible example but the film Top Gun had loads of nicknames/callsigns

Pete Mitchell aka Maverick (tom cruise)
Nick Bradshaw aka Goose (anthony edwards
and i could go on but i wont embarrass myself (too late) :oops:

also how did you get yours, you choose it or someone else?
Nobody ever chooses their nickname

My surname is Jones. My brother who is currently serving as a PO in the navy has been nicknamed Jonah and has been called that since his days at Raleigh. When I have been on board his ship they all call me Baby Jonah even though I am 17 :)

My surname is the same as a well known brand of oil fired ovens often used in farm cottages. This was abbreviated at school to Ray-bers which in turn became Ravers.

When I started at Raleigh exactly the same thing happened, people started calling me Ray-bers which soon became Ravers, I figured that since two completely different groups of people had naturally started calling me Ravers it probably should stick.

I didn't use it as my Avatar on here because I don't know of any other Ravers in the RN and thought it would be a bit obvious. Since most of you fcukers know who I am now anyway, who cares?

2_Deck_Dash is just one of my favourite hobbies. ;)

G

guestm

Most plebians simply call me "he who shall be obeyed". I'm not that fond of it but it seemed to stick since the last time I had my man shot for failing to mould my beret correctly.

jjp23

Lantern Swinger
Most of my mates call me "Potter".

I occasionally wear glasses and used to own a pair with a round frame. One night someone said i looked like Harry Potter and it stuck even though i don't wear them :roll: .

Haggis_Catcher said:
Tim by the Scots for me supporting Celtic which then caught on with other people.

I joined up with a lad who had a giant forehead and massive teeth, he looked exactly like Timmy from Southpark. We called him Tim, obviously.

He wasn't impressed.

Not sure where his football allegiances lay.

I got the nickname 'Gerbil' from my days in the TA. Being short and able to run through tunnels while all the 6 footers were crawling was funny though :D

jjp23 said:
Most of my mates call me "Potter".

I occasionally wear glasses and used to own a pair with a round frame. One night someone said i looked like Harry Potter and it stuck even though i don't wear them :roll: .
How utterly amazing, should I call my mother in law potter. She does not wear glasses, but she can fly on a broom.

2_deck_dash said:
My surname is the same as a well known brand of oil fired ovens often used in farm cottages. This was abbreviated at school to Ray-bers which in turn became Ravers.

When I started at Raleigh exactly the same thing happened, people started calling me Ray-bers which soon became Ravers, I figured that since two completely different groups of people had naturally started calling me Ravers it probably should stick.

I didn't use it as my Avatar on here because I don't know of any other Ravers in the RN and thought it would be a bit obvious. Since most of you fcukers know who I am now anyway, who cares?

2_Deck_Dash is just one of my favourite hobbies. ;)
This is really gripping shit 2DD, but where exactly does the cunt bit fit in to all this? :D :wink:

diesel

Lantern Swinger
Used to be 'Bellyband" when I was in Diesel boats. When I finished Mech's course they sent me Nuclear and I spat the dummy.

I kicked up such a fuss that my oppo's (all skimmers) started calling me Diesel. This faded away when I got back among my brethren.

When I left the mob I buggered off to Hong Kong and I was in the pub and this bird I knew from UK long back saw me and shouted 'Diesel' across the pub and now many civvies here still call me it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0