Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Whats your favourite dish?

janner said:
Thanks Billy, can you just confirm that there were Officers Chefs and ships Cooks as two different rates?

Cocks Swine

I was in a mess full of them and in our time you had Officers Cooks and Ships Cooks but no chefs. Some of the bunhouse types like to call themselves chefs but not in earshot of the ships cooks.

Also in our day it was also Jack Dusty (Victualing) and Jack Dusty (Stores). Both were well worth sucking up to.

Nutty

dondon, I think you are talking about Nestles Condensed Milk, sweet as hell and as thick as syrup. Bloody lovely, probably banned as a health hazard now, used to like it on tinned fruit as well

janner said:
dondon, I think you are talking about Nestles Condensed Milk, sweet as hell and as thick as syrup. Bloody lovely, probably banned as a health hazard now, used to like it on tinned fruit as well
It is still available from all good supermarkets,now also called Fussels condensed milk.spread some on an Oatmeal block from a Rat pack and dip in grated choccy,yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

:D There wus we in dry dock with only a fire watch on board ,me the duty killick duties included the 'fry up' for everybody on board. Tried to fry 3 doz eggs and 4 pound of sausages in tepol :!: :!: :!: cost me a fortune in 'take aways' :cry: :cry:

janner said:

Janner drink local to this part of Spain

two parts hot strong black coffee
one part brandy
put large dolop of condensed milk, about .25 of inch in bottom if you can see it. Stir vigorously, veryt moorish, ask for a "Belmonte" if you are in the Costa Blanca/Costa Calida area.

Nutty

Babies head has got to be up there as one of the all time favourites, but I was spoilt on fishery protection with real fresh fish and decent steak on a friday

Oxtails were banned on boats...especially oxtail soup... :evil:
Cheese ush followed by niggers in the snow was my favourite... :twisted:

pirate11.jpg

Latest Threads