Whats your favourite dish?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Billy_Bailey, Jun 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a slosh i have cooked many a scran good and bad, but i would like to know what everybodys favorite pussers scran is, mine is Nellys Hooves or elephants footprints. Great for breakfast and good heart attack food.

2. Babies heads and shit on a raft were my faves.

3. I have to admit a liking for cheesy hammy eggy

4. Anything cooked by topsy. Ha ha.

5. cheers shippers remember whos on for work up i will be dishing you up the Chefs special dish which i shall get fruity to knock up.

6. Did I say topsy? I ment my favorite Crystal Palace supporting killick chef Bill.

7. Mega portions for you then and i promise to keep fruity away from your food.

8. Yellow peril & a nice poached egg on top , lovely :roll: :p

9. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Pusser's curry. Seriously, some of the best curries I've had have been made by chefs.

10. A one inch cube of Pussers Hard washed down with a half pint of detergent - for swearing. After being violently sick all over my oilskins sometime later, half a pint of cold lemonade with a slab of nutty!

Otherwise piccalilli sarnies!

11. i must say cheesy hammy eggy also cooked by you of course bill

12. My vote has to go for Sh*t on a Raft.

Peter

13. Sophie Blake or the Red head from Australia-Nicole Kidman, serving up Babbies heads. The lads never ate their share & so it was always round the buoy. Tinned type not like my old mum used to boil up all day.
    Fresh cod when on Fish patrol, bit different to 12 month old cod.

14. What is a cheesy hammy eggy?

As for the other things mentioned here... I feel sick! :mrgreen:

15. Thought you were joking at first , might still be I suppose , but anyway , [toast ,ham ,cheese , egg ,] , in that order , piled on top of each other of course ,Nozzy will explain , anyway , wellcome Seacat :roll: :twisted:

16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Train Smash, Shite on a raft or Babies heads hard to choose really. When did Pussers cooks become chefs ??

17. I think it was when Alphonso Jago got stuck in and started the first actual course for Chef's in HMS Drake , aka Jago's Mansion's , I do of course stand to be corrected , his uniform is in a glass cabinet in the cellar of the Wardroom in HMS Drake , I'ts a night club for RN Officers , or it was untill at least 1995 when I left the Andrew , I was'nt an Officer by the way , :roll: :roll: :twisted: the club was called Jago's

18. Thanks Dondon. What an odd thing to ask? I've always told Seacat that the bulk cooked naval scran at Ganges was crap (which it was except when I was hungry - most of the time :) when it was really tasty) and we've never got beyond that to discuss the more edible stuff. I'll make him a cheesy hammy eggy sometime!

Seacat, if you're reading this, yes matelots really do like to microwave (or steam) babies heads (obviously bald) and serve them with vegetables. When you puncture the soft, cooked skull (which resembles suet after cooking) all the brown juices just ooze out... :lol:

Poor Seacat! :lol: :lol: :lol: I better be careful or he'll brief an MP to the effect that matelots were/are cannibals - that's not going to do the RN's reputation much good - we could end up getting abolished! 8O

I forgot to add to the above, I'm partial to Elephants' footprints smothered in brown sauce and the ubiquitous cheesy hammy eggy with Worcestershire sauce added to the egg and cheese mixture... yum yum! :D

19. Got to be Figgie Duff and custard
    and the best between meal snack

Carnation milk Sarnie

Yum Yum.

20. found this on a link from my old school site:

CHEESY HAMMY EGGY
    Ingredients
    Two slices of white bread
    Two slices of good ham
    Enough grated cheese of your choice to thickly cover two slices of bread
    Two large eggs (Hen Grenades, cackleberrys)
    Cooking oil
    Margarine or butter

Method
    Toast the bread on both sides and then butter. Place one slice of ham on each slice of toast and cover thickly with grated cheese. Place the toast under the grill until the cheese is brown and melted.

While the cheese and toast is under the grill, heat cooking oil in a frying pan and fry two large eggs.

Remove toasted cheese from grill and immediately place one egg on each slice.

Serve hot with anything you damn well want.

For other culinary delights see:-

http://www.submariners.co.uk/Dits/Recipes/index.htm