What's your experience? - Do you rent, buy or use SFA?

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Markus76, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Everyone

I'm new here and have posted this same thread on the ARRSE and Rear Party forums as well - I'm really wanting as much response as possible.

I'm looking for feedback/opinions for some market research I'm doing for a business plan and am interested to know what's more popular amongst service personnel and their families - do the majority of you prefer to rent property, apply for SFA (if applicable) or actually buy a property near base and then rent it out or sell when you receive a new posting?

What are the major issues/obstacles you face when moving posting? Is there anything or any service that could make your move easier (other than a large lump sum of cash!! :lol: )

If posted overseas and have a posting back to the UK pending how hard is it for you to secure private rented accomodation or buy back in the UK whilst you are still abroad?

All feedback will be really appreciated plus your input will be used in order to develop a service that stands to benefit all armed forces personnel and their families.

Please feel free to post your replies here or PM me.

Thanks everyone for any help or input you can provide.

Mark Stanley.