What's wrong with the navy today?

D

Deleted 94376

Jonathan Lewis is being taken to task for having a piss -up with his crew at the end of a FSC. The navy has always given extra leave at the start and end of a FSC. A grand ball was usuallyalso held.
HMS Trenchant on return from overseas service followed naval tradition and is being persecuted..

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Nothing wrong with the Navy, just some senior officers going over the top IMHO. It doesn't help when some prat films it and puts it online.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I’ve not seen anyone mention the fact that the Captain (allegedly) explicitly disobeyed an order - and very publicly so. The ridiculousness or otherwise of that order is a moot point but what it certainly wasn’t was illegal and so there’s no excuse for not following it - and absolutely no excuse for setting the example to his Ships Company that you can just chin off your superiors if you don’t like what they’ve ordered.

Stirlin

War Hero
I’ve not seen anyone mention the fact that the Captain (allegedly) explicitly disobeyed an order - and very publicly so. The ridiculousness or otherwise of that order is a moot point but what it certainly wasn’t was illegal and so there’s no excuse for not following it - and absolutely no excuse for setting the example to his Ships Company that you can just chin off your superiors if you don’t like what they’ve ordered.
Did he ask permission of his superiors ? , if so and they refused as it would be bad PR for the RN then it's 6/half dozen , if they refused permission without giving a reason it's still 6/half dozen.
I am on the half dozen side .:cool:

D

Deleted 94376

It's taken My Lords Commissioners a helluva long time to discover Trenchant's Skipper was a stroppy git.
20 years on boats-- Vigilant twice Turbulent and Trafalgar before Trenchant.
It's just dawned on the Whitehall desk drivers that Submariners are a race apart and don't suffer fools gladly --Has it?

slim

War Hero
If the RN had handled this pissup wisely it woud have been good PR.
Just think Famiy of sailors who had been self isolating for two months enjoy some fresh air and beveridges before self isolating again for another month.

Prettysure that nobody would have objected to this

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Did he ask permission of his superiors ? , if so and they refused as it would be bad PR for the RN then it's 6/half dozen , if they refused permission without giving a reason it's still 6/half dozen.
I am on the half dozen side .:cool:
He asked permission of the skimmer skipper of the base, was told no, did it anyway, told the MOD Plod to do one and the DNBO and finally Commodore Dev Flot that he didn't care what they said, je was doing it, direct disobedience or whatever officers will get done for.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Sumo

War Hero
Should have said they were having a Banyan, to thank the NHS for looking after their loved ones, whilst they were at sea saving the country, from other enemies.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Should have said they were having a Banyan, to thank the NHS for looking after their loved ones, whilst they were at sea saving the country, from other enemies.
Should have banned smart phones or any other recording device.

D

Deleted 94376

now, now, skimmers, sludgemariners, woos...................................we are all matelots together

All matelots together? I fear those days are long gone. Picture postcards might pretend otherwise but they are days even longer gone.
The days of You play ball with me
And I'll scratch yours
Are nowhere to be seen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Not exactly Navy but CGS says Cameron you are wrong Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS Webinar: Why do laboratories get it wrong? MoD News 0
O In need of advice. Probably wrong section of fourm Joining the Royal Navy 12
Acryph What did I do wrong? The Gash Barge 1
Wightsparker What's wrong with the "like" button? Site Issues 24
T Originally Joining as a WTE but transferred to AET, now i am worried i made the wrong decision. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
McGrew Oh dear - Phil's got his medals wrong The Fleet 20
O Do I have to wait a year for doing the wrong test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
LateToTheParty Made the wrong choice, is it too late Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MenInSlacks Which is wrong? Joining the Royal Navy 21
L Help to prove a chief wrong Diamond Lil's 48
G Joining URNU with (wrong) AS diagnosis Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Yetiboy48 Wrong thread Blue Jokes 8
J James B picks the wrong fight. The Gash Barge 162
OMM Burglar threatens the wrong pensioner Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Bristol Post: "Marine Denied Payout Over 'Wrong Injury'" The Corps 4
Waspie We may have the horse scandal all wrong!! The Gash Barge 40
R Have I made wrong job choice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
B What is wrong with some of the see you next tuesdays on here? The Gash Barge 40
A Career Prospects for Serving MA's - Sorry this is in the wrong category. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
trelawney126 Backhanders Wrong says Treasury. Diamond Lil's 25
janner Wrong Miscellaneous 2
janner Who says there is anything wrong with the French? (everyone!!!) Miscellaneous 1
Topstop Yank gets it wrong ! Diamond Lil's 0
WreckerL Crab Air get it wrong Diamond Lil's 6
Blackrat Wrong Place - Right Time. Diamond Lil's 13
trelawney126 Admiral Lord Boyce Backs the Wrong Horse Current Affairs 1
angry_mac Telegraph failure just at the wrong time. The Quarterdeck 4
P Retention - what is going wrong? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 55
Joint_Force_Harrier Somethings are just wrong!!! Diamond Lil's 10
trelawney126 Hyper-Injunctions Right or Wrong Current Affairs 27
T "Wrong place, wrong time - Dove on top of sea mine" Diamond Lil's 0
stan_the_man Mmm we English have got it all wrong - again Diamond Lil's 17
S CRUISE HOLIDAY GOES WRONG Nautical Jokes 4
SILVER_FOX An amazing story about an e-mail gone wrong … Miscellaneous 0