Whats with the kakhi shirts

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Random, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It's the submariners' version of 'white'. Keeps them in touch with their diesel past.
  2. In the year dot (1967) whilst on 845 NAS I issued with a set of light tan short & trousers which I believe were RM kit

3. Good idea it save 29blk head doby wallah trying to get all the whites to a brilliant white finish, which they never achieved, difficult when washed with overall, never deliberately I was led to believe, just to conserve water.
  4. Just some pirate rig, I expect the skipper bought one and the rest followed suit, seen it happen a few times.

Chucking a ripout label in was always good for a giggle (until they made them waterproof).
  5. Must admit there seemed to be a few people that left an array of items in their pockets, pens, marker pens etc. we had a few different variations on white shirts, except the Skipper, XO, MEO and WEO as all could apply varying levels of shit on the BLK watch keeper, all other especially any Charge Chiefs that wore white shirts at sea?
  6. Any one except the CO the who left pens/markers in pockets used to get a special wash all to them selves.

MEO was the pink panther.

I think I could make white shirts that colour with the aid of coffee powder.
  7. Red and green surcoats were good for that (had to carry them for Attack BA and FART teams). One snotty AMEO ended up with tie dyed white ovies....he wasn't happy :lol:
  8. Don't our revered transatlantic allies and mentors wear similar rig? We'll be wearing baswball caps and calling 1st Lts XOs next, you see.
  9. Watch leaders on boats are now called PWO(SM)'s, the skimmers are taking over FFS, never mind the septics.
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I knew it would go to rat shit once you pouncy buggers had showers and no decent pirate rig at sea.
  11. It looks as though Andy spends a lot of time on his knees.
  12. One other along with tie die was to tie into a knot before tumble drying, especially for perisher trainees who showed no respect to ships company as they were supposed to look good for teacher, took them hours to get their shirts flat again, they either learned respect or how to iron quickly HaHa

And for those that learn no respect, as they were canned by teach, the sound of "Anther One Bites The Dust" could be heard blasting out from the mess, teacher said we were cruel, but never asked us to stop.

Oh the fun we had to invent to pass the time.