What's With the Avatars?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Val the Gal, Jul 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, that's Billy's dog and Granny's handsome self and I get references to Das Boot (one of the finest films ever made). Any chance anyone else will explain their's?(Already said mine was HMCS Oriole, most beautiful ship I ever got to sail.) No reason other than sheer curiosity. :cat:

2. Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mines a submarine because I served on submarines..original thought innit ;)

4. Great idea for a thread.

Mine is because I am emmigrating to New Zealand in 2 1/2 weeks time. :)

5. Mines a fishhead. geddit?

6. Whats long, black, hard, and full of seamen......?

7. Mine's the logo of the ski resort (La Plagne) I worked in before I joined.

8. Mines just Terry Butcher, got a bit patriotic during the World Cup! Think it needs changing!

9. Nah, good one that mate.

10. I'm a failed anarchist who's polite to police officers and keeps within the speed limit.

• Like Like x 5
  11. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Y'know them Soldier ants in Africa that destroy everything in their path when moving nest, well try to imagine what an alien ant might look like, tis also the name of a skiffle group.

12. Im pretty sure at least two of those are utter lies.

13. Because I like to watch Derby County play football.

Bless me :)

14. Yep, mine is the cover of Das Boot 'cos I was (am?) a submariner and while on my first boat, the video of Das Boot was played all the time.

However Val, we do change them sometimes, for example Christmas and Remembrance Day.

15. OK. Not sure what that was about but I suppose I haven't failed until I draw my final breath and 'when driving around built up areas'.

Is that better?

16. Mine is Zippy, because Im loud, always claiming to be right and I am the best at everything (CINCNAGHOME gave me permission to say that last bit).

The avatar I have for 'Blood' might be considered inappropriate on some of these threads...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mine is my Great Grandfather.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Michael Palin's Sergeant Major from 'The meaning of life.' For the sometimes absurdity of the military life most of us have/are experienced/enduring.:bs:

19. Mine's self explainatory ... I like Vintage MG's .... not Triumph Heralds ... proper cars!

20. I did a google image search for "all crabs are gay" and this is what I chose ImageUploadedByNavy Net - Rum Ration1405596951.366503.jpg

• Like Like x 2