What's up doc ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by hobbit, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a comment and video from a site I subscribe to by a doctor who preaches aalternative health care . Not intended to be read in any commercial sense but as an indication that not all things from the doctor are as good as we may believe . Take the old ad as you will but the message is one that I follow in many areas of life , look for and treat the cause and not the effect

: A patient going to a doctor for his first visit was asked, ''And whom did you consult before coming to me?'' ''Only the village druggist,'' was the answer. ''And what sort of foolish advice did that numbskull give you?'' asked the doctor, his tone and manner denoting his contempt for the advice of the layman. ''Oh,'' replied his patient, with no malice aforethought, ''he told me to come and see you.''
    Author: Source Unknown

"This TV commercial depicts a period when cigarettes were recommended by doctors.
    Obviously, they no longer promote smoking, but they're wholeheartedly endorsing treatments that are even more absurd and detrimental than smoking, such as relying on drugs for virtually every ailment known to man while ignoring the underlying cause of disease.
    I am sure that in 60 years your descendants will see a similar video showing how utterly foolish and mistaken doctors were in 2007.
    It's about time we started studying history so we can learn from it and have a better understanding of our current scenario."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI