Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the point?

Sumo

War Hero
  • I suppose it depends if you're the one stood looking like a dick in front of millions?

Wightsparker

War Hero
After reading some so called 'news' articles, I thought we needed to have a pointless news thread. If you read something and you think "what's the point?", then you can share it with the rest of us.
Starter for 10. http://news.sky.com/story/warren-beatty-wants-more-answers-from-academy-over-oscars-gaffe-10786147

Good idea. The news values of those parts of the media which go banzai in reporting "stories" deserves ridicule. BBC TV's coverage of the Oscars cock-up was
completely OTT, and they certainly were not alone. Lead item in successive news broadcasts, but at the most the story really only justified a piece along the lines of: "And finally, embarrassment at the Oscars....."

Still quite fancy Faye Dunnaway, though.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's why, when asked if I would like my next draft to be the Royal Yacht, I pointed out that my sexual preferences were not compatible. I got drafted to Diesel Boats instead, a coincidence I'm sure

Indeed, nothing quite like the aroma of stale diesel oil of a morning.....With the possible exception of living on a mess deck above an FFO tank...:)

Sumo

War Hero
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4291710/Paul-Burrell-involved-gay-orgy-Yacht-Britannia.html

Any of you fisheads want to spin a dit of your RYB days? :D

"Remember, no wafu's on the royal yacht, doo dar":cool:
This Burrell chap has made a good living out of his ex employment with the royals?

Friend of ours was the Jimmy a couple of times, his miss hated the expense of the civvies they were told they had to wear but were given no allowance, most of crew were volunteer's he was not, but did not do him any arm retired as a senior Capt

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS PM recognises Captain Tom as neighbourhood 'Point of Light' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted launches point-in-time surveys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted launches point-in-time surveys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cameroon presents Commonwealth Point of Lights award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA seeks innovation in Point of Care diagnostics MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The impact of the Magnox waste strategy at Hinkley Point A Site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofsted launches point-in-time surveys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Understanding the regulation of End-Point Assessments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid to support struggling hospitals “near breaking point” in Gaza MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Major charging point contract to benefit electric vehicle users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Market exploration: point of care diagnostics MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK’s biggest road upgrade reaches half-way point MoD News 0
H im not sure if there is any point of appling because of medical HELP PLZ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Committee on Radioactive Waste Management visit to Hinkley Point C MoD News 0
S Pinch Point Trades Current Affairs 14
J At what point will I study towards a HnC/HnD/Degree? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L Leaving at 12 yr point Finance & Pensions 9
soleil Telegraph: "Armed Forces Drink 'To Point Of Oblivion', Minister Warns" The Quarterdeck 20
Bad CO Plymouth: Making the Most of Devil's Point Bases / Shore Est 4
Rumrat Sumo Raises a Point. Diamond Lil's 46
trelawney126 Whats the Bloody Point Current Affairs 16
alfred_the_great BRNC point of contact Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
N At what point does a low BMI start to cause problems? Health & Fitness 8
scouse Jamie Codd goes through the card at Tinahely Irish, Point to Point Meeting Sports and Adventure Training 0
trelawney126 Dutch ANNEX German Port Starting point for WW3 Diamond Lil's 0
B can some one point me in the right direction? The Fleet Air Arm 9
Joint_Force_Harrier Radio 4 Tuesday 16th "Whats the point of the RAF?" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 14
finknottle History not your strong point then Dave? The Gash Barge 37
B If anyone could give me their advice and point of view? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Hermes_R12 Pay As You Go Car Insurance - no point in paying at sea? Finance & Pensions 9
F Brown sauce or Ketchup ! the OGGY VAN at Jupiter Point ? Diamond Lil's 47
WhizzbangDai Clarkson made a good point... The Quarterdeck 39
Squirrel Remaining seated for the loyal toast........point of order! The Fleet 26
thepercyboy What's the point? The Corps 12
SILVER_FOX The Eurovision Song Contest - is there a point to it? The Quarterdeck 15
R Get to the point Lofty. Diamond Lil's 24
Good_CO Menu Fix / Change at some point today Site Issues 0
Canaldrifter Ten Point Inland Cruise Charity 18
J What is the point of the Wardroom in the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 111