Whats the most unusual (weird) present given?

slim

War Hero
Many years ago serving on Eagle in the far east, looking forward to getting home in time for Christmas, the conversation turned to presents. All was fairly normal except for one NAM(O) (who must remain nameless), turns out that he had bought what he described as the perfect girt for his granny, a Cheongsam and a flick knife.
Any other weird presents either given or received?
 

andym

War Hero
Hows about a baby who was to rule the world and was an Immaculate Conception!That pretty weird!
 

RNMA

MIA
not unusual, i'm sure it happens to everyone. but why oh why, do aunts still give you Y fronts for christmas, and if your lucky, a vest as well. WTF is that all about??????????
 
RNMA said:
not unusual, i'm sure it happens to everyone. but why oh why, do aunts still give you Y fronts for christmas, and if your lucky, a vest as well. WTF is that all about??????????
Cos they know you look just so hot in Y fronts and a string vest OK, live with it.

NUtty
 

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
 

The_Caretaker

War Hero
i got a soap on a rope, big box, inside was 12 foot of manilla 1" rope eye spliced so to go around head, on the end was bar of lux.
 
dixie_gooner said:
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
...interesting ... could you get the recipe for that ? :)
 

josiecats

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
dixie_gooner said:
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
...interesting ... could you get the recipe for that ? :)
Awwwww bless lovie its not a meal..... its the dish you put the meal in
 
You mean like a tureen? the bowl thingie for soup?

I must admit that I'd rather know how to make a terrine than how to make the dish it's made in.
 
josiecats said:
golden_rivet said:
dixie_gooner said:
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
...interesting ... could you get the recipe for that ? :)
Awwwww bless lovie its not a meal..... its the dish you put the meal in
sorry Josie but he definitely wrote terrine ... which definitely is food ...
 

josiecats

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
josiecats said:
golden_rivet said:
dixie_gooner said:
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
...interesting ... could you get the recipe for that ? :)
Awwwww bless lovie its not a meal..... its the dish you put the meal in
sorry Josie but he definitely wrote terrine ... which definitely is food ...

Yes GR,,your rite that its about food but ,this taken frm my collage text book states


"Terrine" An earhtenware dish used for cooking and sevrving pate

I have lots of recipe books ,,so ask away if you think of somthing youd like to try :lol:
 

WarMonger

War Hero
josiecats said:
golden_rivet said:
josiecats said:
golden_rivet said:
dixie_gooner said:
Whilst serving on Leeds Castle a couple of years ago the LSTD done his 6 months and extended for another 6. He got to fly home during the christmas period and bought his wifes gifts in chile. She is now the proud owner of a soup terrine. I am sure she was impressed.
...interesting ... could you get the recipe for that ? :)
Awwwww bless lovie its not a meal..... its the dish you put the meal in
sorry Josie but he definitely wrote terrine ... which definitely is food ...

Yes GR,,your rite that its about food but ,this taken frm my collage text book states


"Terrine" An earhtenware dish used for cooking and sevrving pate

I have lots of recipe books ,,so ask away if you think of somthing youd like to try :lol:
Should worry when I glimpsed Terrine I though it was an abbreviation for Nectarine..I was momentarilyconfused until I read the rest of the thread....DOH!
 

fido

MIA
The most unusual and weird Chrissie prezzie would be a Bonus for serving personnel - especially when you see what the w*n*e*rs in the city are getting! And don't forget how our Booties got seen off!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Whats the most hands on job? Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Just completed rfa application forms whats next ??? RFA 2
J AET - Whats it like Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
TechFin Whats the age for going to BRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Topstop Whats up with the search function? Bloody Computers 1
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S branch Transfer from GS to Subs... whats the process? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
Hooly whats the best married quarter area in Pompey/Fareham /Gosport Nearest & Dearest 21
M Seaman apprenticeship, whats involved? RFA 4
S Navy Nursing, whats it really like?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Type 1 Diabetes, with 10 years done. Whats going to happen to me? Health & Fitness 5
Dealwithit whats life like on board RFA 8
stan_the_man Whats the most stupid thing you've done Diamond Lil's 63
I Fitness test success, Whats next? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
B Whats it like in the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 22
M whats involved - helicopter maintenance procedures? The Fleet Air Arm 39
trelawney126 Whats the Bloody Point Current Affairs 16
I whats the waiting time for a chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Random Whats with the kakhi shirts Submariners 12
Rumrat Whats your feedback telling the world. Diamond Lil's 4
Chicogiz Whats Britain? Diamond Lil's 23
T whats the chance? Diamond Lil's 26
S whats the reality of it ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
Rumrat Whats Your's.....be honest. Diamond Lil's 16
J Whats your favourite beer / lager? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 70
The_Caretaker Whats the Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Whats... Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Whats Better Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Whats Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Whats Miscellaneous 0
D Whats going to happen everyone who worked fixed wing The Fleet Air Arm 10
jesse Whats become of[touch forelock] tarmac yer drive Soor ? The Gash Barge 7
themonkeyg0d Whats a OM(W) 1 ? The Fleet 15
chockhead819 Whats the difference between... Current Affairs 5
Joint_Force_Harrier Radio 4 Tuesday 16th "Whats the point of the RAF?" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 14
WarfareSpecialistToBe Whats going to happen to the royal navy?? Current Affairs 15
Powder Whats up with all the recent Lynx MK7 movement? The Fleet Air Arm 2
dabbzie whats your nickname/callsign Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
R Pilot - Whats Next Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
P So many Newbies..Whats our chances??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Haggis_Catcher whats the sexiest accent? Diamond Lil's 92
Morty Whats the royal navy really like Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
Haggis_Catcher whats your fine? Diamond Lil's 59
docherty whats your motto Diamond Lil's 61
Chicogiz Whats gone wrong here! The Gash Barge 4
S AET. whats in store Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
E whats the £80 used for? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 78
Jayhawk Whats the RN equivalent of NCIS? The Fleet 4
panda Whats this s**te all about? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 5
jonosi whats the likely ship for warfare specialist (aw)???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top