Whats the most stupid thing you've done

Grim_Squeaker85

Lantern Swinger
Their fault for forgetting that the more you try to hide something, the more likely it will come out. Emperor Mong does not tolerate secrets

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thinking about it, the stupidist thing i've ever done was this;

image-5-for-the-best-of-jodie-marsh-gallery-946467093.jpg

That Op must have cost you a fortune BR!

Off Caps

Midshipman
Back in the 70s I worked for a boiler controls company. Notoriety was obtained by the size of a generator trip, some guys tripped 600MW units, off the grid, others of more lowly status were in the 120/60MW zone. One guy kept the London Underground going by holding his finger on a pneumatic line, taking it off would have plunged the said into dark chaos. One guy managed to put a Gas Turbine of 50MW on the grid that they didn’t want. My claim was tripping a steam turbine on a 300,000T tanker off Sardinia into darkness, while it was pumping crude. All I did was admire my handiwork after fitting a relay, and my hand (with said iron) touched another relay……….

taffscrivs

War Hero
As a 16 year old I was the proud owner of a Suzuki Super Six 250cc motorbike.
Showing off outside the chippy one night i was blipping the throttle when it suddenly stuck wide open. Bike was revving it's nuts off so quick as a flash I pulled the right hand plug lead off, finger slipping inside the plug cap. Being a twin the bike was still revving like hell so I got the full benefit of Suzuki's CCI electrical system straight up the right arm.
Not one of my more sensible moves!

Sumo

War Hero
Back in the 70s I worked for a boiler controls company. Notoriety was obtained by the size of a generator trip, some guys tripped 600MW units, off the grid, others of more lowly status were in the 120/60MW zone. One guy kept the London Underground going by holding his finger on a pneumatic line, taking it off would have plunged the said into dark chaos. One guy managed to put a Gas Turbine of 50MW on the grid that they didn’t want. My claim was tripping a steam turbine on a 300,000T tanker off Sardinia into darkness, while it was pumping crude. All I did was admire my handiwork after fitting a relay, and my hand (with said iron) touched another relay……….
That reminds me, I tripped Ghurkha’s Gennies at sea.

I was a 16 junior, shin and ? well maybe rough as rats, I was asked by duty Mech to help him parallel Gennies, he says all I have to do is watch the switch lights as they go out turn to off. what he forgot to mention one very important light would go on and off as the power was transferred, e.g. don't touch that one.
Following my instructions as soon as light went out I broke the circuit switch, followed by a very loud bang as all the breakers behind me tripped, ship goes into darkness and I can hear all the fans winding down, shat myself?
Duty mech comes running in and said what you done, he was pissing his self as he said I looked as white as a sheet, he sorted it out and said best I go and reset all the fans, he will sort out the OOW.