What's the crack with the pay bands?

I don't get the lower and higher pay bands. How do you know which one you would be in? For instance for the rank of marine pay is 17767-29357.....corporal is around 26-33
How does this work

G

guestm

I don't get the lower and higher pay bands. How do you know which one you would be in? For instance for the rank of marine pay is 17767-29357.....corporal is around 26-33
How does this work
Very, very simply (other factors ignored for the sake of brevity and to avoid confusion) You start at 1, every year you go up one.

The higher and lower pay bands are a mystery though. It's all worked out on your particular job, what you do, what you're responsible for etc etc. it changes every year and is worked out by the AFPRB I believe.

It was like that when I found it chief

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
The higher and lower pay bands are a mystery though. It's all worked out on your particular job, what you do, what you're responsible for etc etc. it changes every year and is worked out by the AFPRB I believe.

It was like that when I found it chief
Not changed every year I don't think. The job assessments are done on a rolling process so I think it's about every 5 years or so.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

dsgrnmcm

Lantern Swinger
Each branch has higher and lower level pay bands assigned to certain ranks.

I.e. Specs are higher at LH, PO and WO. AB,CPO are lower.

G

guestm

Pretty sure he means scales not bands being that it's corps related and looking at the figures he posted.

dsgrnmcm

Lantern Swinger
Doh I meant scales as in higher and lower, as opposed to the bands (levels) I think I'm getting myself confused, so I'll wind my neck in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
le_jaq Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 340