Whats it like onboard?

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Nutty said:
Dabs said:
UncleAlbert said:
dunkers said:
Dabs. You were in exactly the same shoes as Nicholson once,

Fraid not Dunkers, the pratt is conning you, see he`s never been in the navy. He just wishes he was, sad twat.
I first thought he was using wrong terminology when he said , `Traveled all over the world during my 35 years with the pusser.`
He should have said “with the Andrew†or “in the mob†not pusser.
So I looked at his given Off no. to see when he joined and it worked out at around 1985.
I don`t know why these sad pretenders bother, Jack has his own phrases and humer and anyone trying to copy them stands out like a sore thumb.

Of course he is welcome to come back and fight his corner but in the meantime I would suggest the mods give his 15 postings the Oxygen thief tally as a lesson to others.

………
Fraid not Uncle Al, the pratt isn't conning anyone. Don't know where you get the idea that I never spent time in the RN simply because I called it the pusser. Seemed like a common term to me all those years ago. Can't say I ever called it the mob, just the pusser.

As far as my official number is concerned, I honestly can't remember giving one and would have no need to, but if I have I would say that any number starting with a P was way before 85. The RN became computerised around 73 and all ratings went D thereafter.
I might be a sad old twat as you point out and I may get a bit foul mouthed when I have drank too much, but I was brought up in a messdeck where coarse language didn't seem to mean a lot in my days. Nonetheless, I now realise that this site doesn't run like a messdeck.

I've had my caution from JD and I've sent young Nick a PM regarding the matter. So, as far as I'm concerned this serial is over FINEX.

Just to remind you Dabs this is a copy of your official number that you entered on this site.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dabs
Badgeman

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Service Numbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flynavy said:
Its been asked on the ARRSE sight so it really should be asked here...................what number are you ie the first 3 we can tell who's salty and who's not,

Me i am a D214

What happens if your number starts with CMX, do you still put the first three numbers in, ie 679

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you can see it was posted on 22/02/2006 at 11.42 pm. Nobody forgets their official number even after 33 years even my wife remembers mine.

If you ever joined then that puts you about 1986/7 not certain how you got 34 years service. So a Walt it must be. UA has got it correct unless he has evidence that he would like to share.

Nutty
Nutty, you will notice that the official number belongs to someone called Flynavy and my dit was simply a question, ie: What happens if your number starts with CMX? I have never posted my service number.

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
dunkers said:
UncleAlbert said:
I first thought he was using wrong terminology when he said , `Traveled all over the world during my 35 years with the pusser.`
He should have said “with the Andrew†or “in the mob†not pusser.
So I looked at his given Off no. to see when he joined and it worked out at around 1985.
Nice one UA, well worked out :idea:
I don't know about well worked out. More like jumping to wrong conclusions, which seems to be a habit with UncleAlbert. He must be the lower deck lawyer on this site.

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
UncleAlbert said:
SPBand

Hold on a minute who are you calling a sad bitter and twisted old man, you patronizing git. Trust a regulator (who are supposedly trained up to be observant ) to put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

Nutty

.......... but it seems dabs has a drink problem.

.......... no reason why we should be expected to put up with him doing multi-postings and slinging shit all over the place.

…………
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You don't like other people bad mouthing, but you sure don't mind slinging the shit yourself. You brass necked bastard.

I was all up for giving for the apologetic humble stance, but now I see that you can't let the subject drop. Stuff you ********, you two faced, back stabbing shit.

Now crawl off to your moderator and tell her that Dabs has said some naughty words you ********.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Reverting to type again - eh Dabs?

Better to stick to the humble pie route and it will eventually blow over. If you're ex MOB you'll know about rules and regs and this site has them like everthing else out there in the free world. It doesn't take much to keep to them, but if you can't - perhaps you'd be better off staying away. Your call mate.

SF

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
SILVER_FOX said:
Reverting to type again - eh Dabs?

SF
No shippers, I'm not reverting to type. I'm just annoyed at some ******** who gets wound up about me badmouthing on site, but thinks he can get away with it after the subject had been dropped and the dust settled.

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
SILVER_FOX said:
Hey UncleAlbert - great cartoon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Dabs, I suspect he's gotten the message but if its because he drinks, then he'll probably drink again so we're likely to see more rants from him in the future. Best policy may be to just ignore him in future.

SF
Real pity the dumb shit can't read isn't it?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm sure we've all said things in drink that we later regret, but surely this matter is for another thread? I don't know whether anyone actually answered Nicholson's original question, but he seems to have gone a little quiet - I wonder why?!

UA: FYI, an apology is not a sign of weakness!! lol

UncleAlbert

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
What do I think of your branch? Well if you’ve got a bit of time I`ll tell you.

Round about 69 I was with Singapore FMG and a dozen of us flew off for a 3 week deployment to Mombassa.
We were to join the Berry Head and were due to carry out an overhaul on a sick donk onboard a cat class frigate (can`t remember the name, I think it was the Puma).
Anyway we arrived after a 17 hour flight in a Hercules at 2 o’clock in the morning absolutely shattered and piled into a waiting lorry. Down at the docks we got a bum boat and imagine the shock when we saw we were heading towards a scruffy old ww2 liberty ship. Scrambling up the companionway we were greeted by a senior rate and a couple of ratings. The three of erm then took us to the gally where they made us a brew and throwing some eggs and bacon in a pan cooked us up an all night breakfast. As we were eating they went off and carried our baggage down to the mess. where they later settled us in.
Next morning we went to the reg office to do our joining routine and imagine the shock when we discovered our mates from the night before were the regulating staff and the senior rate was in fact a Jos.

As a stoker in Drake awaiting discharge I did 3 months working out of patrol HQ driving the meat wagon on shore patrols ect. As I was RA I also socialized with the reggies and made some good friends.
So no, I don’t think that all in the regulating branch are paranoid schizophrenics in need of a frontal lobotomy.

Just some of them.

UncleAlbert said:
sgtpepperband said:
What do I think of your branch? Well if you’ve got a bit of time I`ll tell you.

Round about 69 I was with Singapore FMG and a dozen of us flew off for a 3 week deployment to Mombassa.
We were to join the Berry Head and were due to carry out an overhaul on a sick donk onboard a cat class frigate (can`t remember the name, I think it was the Puma).
Anyway we arrived after a 17 hour flight in a Hercules at 2 o’clock in the morning absolutely shattered and piled into a waiting lorry. Down at the docks we got a bum boat and imagine the shock when we saw we were heading towards a scruffy old ww2 liberty ship. Scrambling up the companionway we were greeted by a senior rate and a couple of ratings. The three of erm then took us to the gally where they made us a brew and throwing some eggs and bacon in a pan cooked us up an all night breakfast. As we were eating they went off and carried our baggage down to the mess. where they later settled us in.
Next morning we went to the reg office to do our joining routine and imagine the shock when we discovered our mates from the night before were the regulating staff and the senior rate was in fact a Jos.

As a stoker in Drake awaiting discharge I did 3 months working out of patrol HQ driving the meat wagon on shore patrols ect. As I was RA I also socialized with the reggies and made some good friends.
So no, I don’t think that all in the regulating branch are paranoid schizophrenics in need of a frontal lobotomy.

Just some of them.
On a more recent note, before I left I did some time working in the Navy Legal environment with both barristers and reggies. I always found the latter professional, keen to uphold standards (all the stuff you lot have been ranting about) and full of self effacing humour.

You don't like crims on the outside who get away with murder and life does not mean life blah blah, but then you whine about the people who police us via the NDA (a statute enacted by parliament I would remind you and the law of the land). For goodness sake, make up your mind and don't joina club if you can't obey the rules.

You've got to admit that you were out of order, Dabs, but you did cough up and try to put it to bed.

But Uncle Albert!

It strikes me that he also gets off on how obnoxious he can be, but he won't admit it.

He seems to be just one of your typical geriatrics who thinks they can say what they like just because they're old.

:)

Why the silver branch badge UA?

Were you once a yottie?

To get back on thread......... Keep your gob shut, ears open, and someone will adopt you and show you the ropes.

Watch out for the mess gobshite and his coterie of "yes" men.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Rosina: Thank you for the compliment. Legals and Reggies don't always see eye to eye but I must admit I have learned alot from the Barristers at NPA. And the legal profession is my own vocation when I leave (perhaps help me get a foot in the door?)!

UA: Your own dit proved that we're not all twunts; it's merely that in your orignal post you seemed to tar us all with the same brush. Having said that many of your views in this thread are appropriate and true - I was never disputing that. I just took exception to being judged by someone who has never met me. And as I said in my original post, there are idiots in every branch; it just seems there were/are because the branch is so small so the idiotic minority stand out from the crowd.

As for advice to life on board: Anyone who is unsure about life in the RN should just read the threads in the RR Forum; somebody somewhere will know the answer to everything (or at least think they do), or if they don't will put them in touch with someone who does! Pretty much life in a Mess.
Don't be the first man to work, and don't be the last man to leave; don't be the loudest, and don't the quietest. And make sure you set your watch 5 minutes fast!

sgtpepperband said:
...Don't be the first man to work, and don't be the last man to leave; don't be the loudest, and don't the quietest. And make sure you set your watch 5 minutes fast!
Others on this thread and elsewhere have recommended keeping his mouth shut. How can Nicholson listen, keep his mouth shut AND not be either the loudest or the quietest. I should have thought he will be the quietest! :lol: :? :roll:

Apologies in advance - I'm just an ignorant civvy! :|

Steve.