Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What's harder? INT at Raleigh or first 10 weeks at BRNC?

14 week tiffs course at Raleigh (99) was harder than 9 months at BRNC(04). Although maybe the new INT(O) course has been made harder than when I went through. Dartmouth seemed a bit like Butlins when I was there. Although maybe the initial shock of capture had a bit of an effect as I went through Raleigh.

Think I preferred my time at Dartmouth though. The Summer and Christmas balls were brilliant

It was like that when I found it chief

Those that have experienced both will have experienced Raleigh prior to BRNC in the majority of cases and will therefore be much better "conditioned" by the former before completing the latter. In most cases those going to BRNC will do so many years older, wiser and more mentally mature, so I'd guess the "shock of capture" will be more vividly applied to recollections of Raleigh.

For those who opt out or are discharged from BRNC & subsequently join as a rating and pass out of Raleigh, I'd guess they would say BRNC was harder.

OP - why does it matter? Hundreds of thousand have gone through the system(s) and in most cases survived!

I'm pretty sure that I did 'harder' physical and mental 'things' after passing out.

Man up, crack on and just enjoy the process.

Don't get precious JimG, it's a valid question IMO, why do you want to know and what would it prove if one is harder than the other?

Do you have to do all the militarisation stuff if you only did Raleigh earlier this year? That will seem fairly easier the second time around probably at least.

Don't get precious JimG, it's a valid question IMO, why do you want to know and what would it prove if one is harder than the other?

Not getting precious, just being sarchy...

Sonar-Bender is right though, it doesn't matter. But neither do a lot of discussions on here.

And no, it wouldn't prove anything at all if one is harder than the other - my question wasn't a leading one trying to make or prove any kind of point.

Was genuinely just curious as to what people thought about how the first ten weeks at BRNC compare to the first ten weeks of Raleigh.

Not getting precious, just being sarchy...

Sonar-Bender is right though, it doesn't matter. But neither do a lot of discussions on here.

And no, it wouldn't prove anything at all if one is harder than the other - my question wasn't a leading one trying to make or prove any kind of point.

Was genuinely just curious as to what people thought about how the first ten weeks at BRNC compare to the first ten weeks of Raleigh.

The thing is, unless someone's done both within a short space of time of each other, you'll never know because, as has been pointed out, if someone has done both, the first one they've done will set them up for the subsequent one.

Wrecks saying you are right will not wash with SWMBO. Verification must be from a female.

Now, as a blonde ex WREN, I hope you are not offering the verification, as Mrs S-B the 1st was a blonde (now ex) WREN. So you can see my dilemma - you, using the anonymity of RR MIGHT be my ex wife! This would leave us in the situation where Mrs S-B 1st was effectively supporting Mrs S-B 2nd.

Anyway, all far too confusing - I'm going for a lie down now!

Having recently been mingling with OCs going through the first 10 weeks at BRNC, I can assure you that even those who had been through Raleigh found it pretty tough going. The course is more physically demanding than I ever thought it was.

Having recently been mingling with OCs going through the first 10 weeks at BRNC, I can assure you that even those who had been through Raleigh found it pretty tough going. The course is more physically demanding than I ever thought it was.

Even the sailing...

Latest Threads