What's happened to the uniform

Should the square rig uniform be retro-modernized to recapture traditional jolly jack appearance?

• Total voters

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
All S&S wore the fore and aft rig. J/R's cap badge was the same as a PO's but in red, same as tiff J/R's wore (and LEP chinese personnel).

My Uncle left the mob as a killick scribes and always wore the fore and aft rig for the 15 years he was in.

Rumrat

War Hero
All S&S wore the fore and aft rig. J/R's cap badge was the same as a PO's but in red, same as tiff J/R's wore (and LEP chinese personnel).

My Uncle left the mob as a killick scribes and always wore the fore and aft rig for the 15 years he was in.

Did he get put on DBR's in the end?:laughing9:

Thanks for the information. I find precious little on the interglobalmegaweb to help with reading about history of the mob. Mainly due to two reasons. 1. I don't really know what I'm looking for and 2. I am useless on the interglobalmegaweb.

oldseadog

War Hero
Thanks for the information. I find precious little on the interglobalmegaweb to help with reading about history of the mob. Mainly due to two reasons. 1. I don't really know what I'm looking for and 2. I am useless on the interglobalmegaweb.
Good starting points! When you understand yourself, you may find that you are able to understand others!

OSD

Gazunder

Midshipman
I am hoping someone can help me out here. I joined at HMS Raleigh in 1961 and I am trying to list all the kit items we were issued with as new entries.I am sure I saw a list some where but all the searches on the web I have come up empty. I cannot even find a photograph of how we laid out our kit for musters from that era. I would appreciate any help.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you buy a copy of BR1938 Naval Ratings Handbook (still got mine...anorak :) ) it's all in there, but found this on the web if it helps.

a-royal-navy-kit-muster-illustration-from-the-naval-ratings-handbook-CX1NH2.jpg
Godfrey Dykes website has a section on it, google Godfrey Dykes and kit muster and all will be revealed.

Most of the above I got issued with at Ganges, stand fast duck trousers, hammock, lifebelt and greatcoat. Stuff I got issued but not on there was AGR, and sports clothing (shorts, T shirt, plimsolls). also 2 pr black boots (1pr rubber heeled, 1 pr leather heeled).

I am hoping someone can help me out here. I joined at HMS Raleigh in 1961 and I am trying to list all the kit items we were issued with as new entries.I am sure I saw a list some where but all the searches on the web I have come up empty. I cannot even find a photograph of how we laid out our kit for musters from that era. I would appreciate any help.
upload_2017-6-14_12-7-54.jpeg