What's happened to the site?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by morsehorse, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light as to why it takes approx 20 mins to log onto this site?
    Has it been nobbled by anyone?
    Or is it just me
  2. I lose the will to live while waiting for pages to load.
  3. No, its not just you - I could hardly get on yesterday - checked it when I got in from work at 0045 this morning and it was down.

I've gone cold turkey suffering withdrawl !
  4. Phew! I thought it was just me ......... same situation here.
  5. Christ thought I was banned there for awhile.... :hockey:
  6. I just thought it was the bloody crap internet service over here, there is definitely a problem, this is the only site I am having trouble with. Takes about 15-20 mins to load the home page but once in it gets better. WTF?
    The conspiracy theorist in me says we are being big bruvvered!
  7. Ol feckin Adrian is pissed off with all those feckin shites takin the piss that weve more admirals than feckin matelows . Who the feck cares.
    He has put the feck up RR and no mkistake.
  8. For peace of mind, as long as you know what you are talking about go to www.romft.com.
  9. I'm wondering it it was a D.O.S attack....or just a server problem, perhaps one of the C.Os will tell us.

10. Excepted
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Which, GCO or BCO?
  12. Congrats on getting the site back on line again. Was just reaching for the valium!!
  13. :whew: thank f*** for that.
    (I've been itching to post for days)

14. LOL :rendeer:
  15. I've been unable to get into the site for two days running and had problem staying on the site for more that a couple of minutes for most of the week. In fact this evening is the first time I've managed to draw my full rum ration this week. It's soooooooooo depressing being unable to natter and read the rants of the cybersailors.
  16. Well glad to see that the site has returned. Well done, just curious as to what the cause was. Lets start a new conspiracy theory and tell everyone that someone has bombed the site afterthe campaign driven by RR to save hospitals or affect planning decisions.