Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's happened to the BBC?

etcetera

The somewhat strange ( queer) eclectic (in the dilettananism sense) left wing luvvies BBC is, I suggest, rapidly going downhill.
Remember the comedy of It Aint half hot mum Alf garnett Only fools and horses when they produced comedy we could actually laugh at. Today we can but cry.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
The somewhat strange ( queer) eclectic (in the dilettananism sense) left wing luvvies BBC is, I suggest, rapidly going downhill.
Remember the comedy of It Aint half hot mum Alf garnett Only fools and horses when they produced comedy we could actually laugh at. Today we can but cry.
Blimey, I’m actually going to agree with you.

etcetera

Blimey!
You're agreeing with those you are inherently opposed to. Well! Where will it end.
An old and bold has just suggested to me that my description of the BBC current luvvies should have included the adjective---hermaphroditic.. Neither fish nor fowl.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Blimey!
You're agreeing with those you are inherently opposed to. Well! Where will it end.
An old and bold has just suggested to me that my description of the BBC current luvvies should have included the adjective---hermaphroditic.. Neither fish nor fowl.
And, there you go. Med’s worn off already??
zzzzzzzzzz

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
The BBC used to be neutral with a good standard of journalism, that’s now gone

As for the comedies they struck gold with Ain’t Half Hot Mum, Alf Garnett, Allo Allo, Only Fools and Horses but that was all years ago

Now I hope the licence fee is scrapped, nothing justifies the money thrown at Norton, Lineker etc... or the fact they pay Mrs Browns boys via Belgian accounts to avoid UK tax !

Boris has decriminalised not having a licence so I think another few years and the licence will be gone....

Bisley

War Hero
Blimey!
An old and bold has just suggested to me that my description of the BBC current luvvies should have included the adjective---hermaphroditic.. Neither fish nor fowl.do the
Arrrh. Norman service is Resumed . So the original post was actual quite correct but then you have to spoil it with follow up of the rantings of a Jeremy Corbyn supporter

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Whatever happened to...? The Gash Barge 17
slim What has happened to Social Housing? Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS Speech: "We cannot ignore what has happened in Salisbury." MoD News 0
Hooly Who knows what happened to HMS Duncan Current Affairs 17
P What happened when Superman took on the Commando Challenge Current Affairs 0
digger84 Whatever happened to keeping your dirty laundry private? Current Affairs 6
Ballistic A friend bit him, then this happened... Diamond Lil's 5
Topstop What happened to the search function? Bloody Computers 3
T HMS Daring, just so happened to be in the Southeast Asian region Current Affairs 54
U Has something just happened to HDT travel expenses? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 33
Topstop What happened to? The Quarterdeck 0
Rumrat So what the **** happened. Diamond Lil's 21
BillyNoMates Yogi? What the f**k happened to your face? Diamond Lil's 0
Rigsby What the feck has happened to my plums? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 4
T What happened to.... Diamond Lil's 5
rod-gearing What ever happened to: Diamond Lil's 7
K Whatever happened 2 Saturday Nite Diamond Lil's 29
Ja5on What Happened to Warship? The Gash Barge 8
jesse What the fcuk has happened to Portsmouth? The Gash Barge 42
Montigny_La_Palisse What the fcuk happened??? Diamond Lil's 11
Grim_Reaper Oh dear, it's happened again. Current Affairs 17
Carrolannabelle what ever happened to the D23 The Fleet 39
Polycell So what happened to Nos eights Submariners 45
K What's happened to the uniform The Gash Barge 140
shellbackmac What happened to my dit? The Gash Barge 3
ex_rubberdagger Whats happened to 107 Tp members?? RMR 53
B What's happened to Norman? Site Issues 30
finknottle What Happened to Cdo on the Front Line? The Corps 5
Shakey What happened to the NCAGS mobilisation thread? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 22
M What's happened to the site? The Corps 16
D What happened to Creddly? The Quarterdeck 20
A What Happened at Walcheren? History 8
Oil_Slick What happened to 'Global Warming'? Diamond Lil's 18
Polycell What happened to the CE branch? Bases / Shore Est 4
The_Wonderer What happened to the pensions ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
kingoftwigs What happened to union street? Diamond Lil's 11
M How things change ( or what ever happened to the sea going R Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
T What happened to the old Warfare Branches? History 3
F What happened in the Fjord with Grimsby? Current Affairs 3
T What happened to nine o'clockers? The Quarterdeck 60
MoD_RSS Richard Sharp is confirmed as the new BBC Board Chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Professor Dame Elan Closs Stephens DBE as Member for Wales on the BBC Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on China’s decision to ban BBC World MoD News 0
A BBC Luvvies Diamond Lil's 28
MoD_RSS Government announces preferred candidate for BBC chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letters from the Culture Secretary to the BBC and S4C on the 2022 Licence Fee Settlement MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
soleil FB: BBC Archive - On This Day - 1976 - Sailor The Fleet 25
MoD_RSS BBC and Government's joint statement on delaying the TV licence fee for over 75s MoD News 0