What's Going to Happen at Raliegh???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by harrymaskers, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help

I'm going down to Raliegh fortnight tommorrow, to rejoin the mob after two years outside. Can't wait!
    What I wan't to know from anyone who's in the know or done the same is what will I be doing when I get there, where will I be accomodated, etc.
    I was an MEM before and was well on my way to picking up my rate before I decided to leave, but I'm rejoing as a Writer (or Logs(Pers) if you prefer), and I start Writers course shortly.

Many thanks gents.

2. hello mate.
    click here to find out whats gonna happen in ralleigh.
    I don't know about the accomodation but hope this site helps to see what you will be doing.
    :thumright: :thumright:

3. Don't read that, it's all changed since your last stint.

They pick you up at the gate in a limo.
    Take you to the tailor to get measured for your one suit.
    Your then taken to the Ritz where they serve you dinner.
    Your messman will then show you to your cabin and turn your bed down for you.
    You will have a polite chat with the commodore, when your ready, who will explain all the rights you have and what to do if someone shouts at you, or you don't fancy turning to in the morning because you had a hard night.
    After all that work it's off to leave while your messman sorts, washes and irons your kit.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to RR.

When you re-join, you are classified as either:

Untrained Re-entry, which means you will undergo phase one training (now 9 weeks) before starting Log(Pers) training.

Part-Trained Re-entry, which means you join mid-week, get kitted out, re-take APWT, RNFT, RNST, complete all re-joining paperwork & any refresher training as determined by the Personnel Selection interview at Raleigh, prior to moving on to commencing phase two training the following week.

Trained Re-entry, which means you join mid-week, get kitted out, re-take APWT, RNFT, RNST, complete all re-joining paperwork & any refresher training as determined by the Personnel Selection interview at Raleigh, prior to moving on to your phase two training establishment the following week to undergo any refresher training as deemed necessary.

You will join on the AFPS 05 pension scheme, regardless of previous service & once you complete all training necessary will immediately go to the top of the Sea-Going roster.

Good Luck, welcome back, together with the hordes of other re-entrants!

5. ROFLAWLZACOPTER

:rofl:

6. Cheers Ninja. This will actully be my first time back to Raleigh since leaving part one seven years ago.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It was all fields then.

Still is. :thumright: