What's down the road?

Hi lads,
I'm Brendan - I'm new here :). I am just finishing my engineering degree and I am seriously considering becoming a marines engineer.
I hope this hasn't been posted already and if it has, apols, I don't know my way round yet.
But just wanted to know from the inside what you think of this job (I want the dirt), and just basically if you have anything to add about the recruitment process, etc. When is good to start applying...
Cheers

Start applying now if you want in (I assume as an officer) and it's Marine Engineer, not marines, unless your involved in genetically engineering booties.

Recruiting for Officers is ongoing - there are 4 entries per year (Feb, May, Sep & Nov), although there may not be allocations for each branch on each one. Weapon Engineers are required at present and it doesn't matter what variety of engineering degree you have for that. Do ensure you have the requisite 5 GCSEs at A-C inc Maths and English and 180 UCAS points - some graduates don't.....
You may find if you apply for ME that, if successful, you are offered WE instead.
Talk to your Careers Office, check out the RN website (noting limitations with current info, as discussed on this forum) and if possible try and get a visit to a Warship if you want "the dirt".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
le_jaq Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 340