What's changed at HMS Raleigh since 2018?

Cheeese

Midshipman
I was curious whats changed since 2018 at HMS Raleigh? I started phase 1 in November 2017 and I came out in 2018 with a knee injury, I just got my medical appeal accepted and my afco has given me my phase 1 start date for June. I'm quite nervous thinking about it because even know I've experienced Raleigh I'm not sure if anything has changed or will it be the same? If someone who's been in the last 3 years could give me some insight if there are any changes. The only changes I'm aware are the fitness test, When I joined you had to do it in under 11min 9 sec but now its like 12min 18sec I'm guessing they've done this because people were struggling?

Drakey

War Hero
I was curious whats changed since 2018 at HMS Raleigh? I started phase 1 in November 2017 and I came out in 2018 with a knee injury, I just got my medical appeal accepted and my afco has given me my phase 1 start date for June. I'm quite nervous thinking about it because even know I've experienced Raleigh I'm not sure if anything has changed or will it be the same? If someone who's been in the last 3 years could give me some insight if there are any changes. The only changes I'm aware are the fitness test, When I joined you had to do it in under 11min 9 sec but now its like 12min 18sec I'm guessing they've done this because people were struggling?
It's still 11:09 If you are under 25 years old.

Perry

Lantern Swinger
I left Raleigh in 1969 and I expect a sh1t load of changes since then, 2018 makes you a sprog with no worries so just crack on and get out the other side :cool:

Jackthedusty

Midshipman
PJFT timings changed a couple of years ago. Bearing in mind that is a pre-joining fitness test.
You will have to do the 2.4km run in the first week of training and the time required to pass that will be the PJFT time.
By week 5/6 of training you will be required to pass the RNFT which is the reduced time of 11:15 (ish).

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
PJFT timings changed a couple of years ago. Bearing in mind that is a pre-joining fitness test.
You will have to do the 2.4km run in the first week of training and the time required to pass that will be the PJFT time.
By week 5/6 of training you will be required to pass the RNFT which is the reduced time of 11:15 (ish).
Yup, PJFT time is currently 12:16 for males on the youngest end of the spectrum. Absolute cake on a treadmill and this is coming from someone who is crap at running. Been told it drops to 11:09 come Raleigh, as in line with the RNFT standard.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Yup, PJFT time is currently 12:16 for males on the youngest end of the spectrum. Absolute cake on a treadmill and this is coming from someone who is crap at running. Been told it drops to 11:09 come Raleigh, as in line with the RNFT standard.
I should coco.
1216?? That’s ridiculous.

Latest Threads