What's a detailed security clearance exactly?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Canuck, Feb 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi boys, Can you help a young Crazy Canuck who wants to try to be one of the best warrior in the world, on the RN site they wrote this and I don't really
    understand:
    * You will be subject to a detailed security clearance procedure prior to joining.

What's that means,

Thanks Bootneck !!!!

2. Just want to make sure you're not French Canadian eh

:D

3. Yeah i'm from quebec and I know my english is really bad. I had english tutoring last summer and I hope it helps a little. I understand what security clearance means, I wanna know what they check

That's all Folks :D

PS: Unfortunately the english class aren't my favorite in high school
    today I regret it.

4. At the moment, they will want to make sure you have a valid british passport and a valid postal address in the UK.

If you have 2 passports/ dual nat, you will not be able to work in 'sensitive areas' ie RO.

If you dont have a stable british address, you will be asked to leave or buy one.

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Rea1, I hate to p1ss on your parade but you are wrong about everything. Trust me on this......

6. I thought if you had a dual passport you would be restricted form certain trades aka sneaky beaky.

But the address thing, that is wrong. The RN back in 2003 achieved a big recruitment drive through out the common wealth countries. You don't have to have a UK address at all. Or has that changed now?

7. Thanks folks

8. i think you just do a ctc check (counter terrorist check) ..i dont think it goes into financial stuff only developed vetting involves that

9. It's more likely that you would rx a proper Security Clearance (SC) that's between a CTC and a DV, Biffa.

10. roger rabbit -i stand corrected

11. DVA

This might be of interest.

12. i was DV once for a job in civil service/MOD ..quite a drama , interviews , friends and family and lots of questions relevant to my financial circumstances ..the irony of it all is that for the first time in my life i knew what my outgoings where..most of it on wets !!!!!

13. Having signed on the dotted I often thought would I get SNLR if they found out about my criminal record. What joy when later I mentioned my poaching career. We actually have somebody here who can go out and catch living things for the pot. Ok so I got caught twice but I still got the stuff from his Lordships estates and he had a big gang and I was all on my lonesome.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Anything Ffrench could be a disadvantage. :lol:

15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

8O
    He's a Tiff, isn't that a job requirement 8O