What year did my dad serve on his ships and land bases.

Neil Cousins

Midshipman
Hello
While i wait for my dads navy service records to come through,could take some time due to the current situation.
i know of 3 ships and 2 shore bases that he was on,would anyone know how i can find out what year/years he served on them ???
Many thanks in advance.
Neil Cousins.

Neil Cousins

Midshipman
Hello
Many thanks for your advice.
His name was Eric Cousins.He was born in 1934. Died in 1990. He was a Chief Petty Officer when he retired in 1974/1975.He served for 27 years so he joined up approx 1948/1949. The ships he served on were HMS London,Lowestoft and Scarborough. He was also based at St Angelo,Malta between 1965 and 1967. He finished his service at RNWS Beacon Hill,Chattenden.
Any information etc would be very grateful.
Thanks
Neil.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Calling @soleil and @photface and possibly @WreckerL

You might get some help from these ladies (stand fast Wreckage!) who seem to have fingers in every pie!

I'd also look to see if there are Facebook sites for all the ships and shore bases, also RN orientated pages, of which there are many.

Good luck - keep us informed!

Neil Cousins

Midshipman
Hello
I’ve found Facebook sites for HMS London and Lowestoft.
Should I get in contact with the ladies you mentioned or will they see my Post

Dusty70

War Hero
If he finished at Beacon Hill (bin there) it would be a good bet that he was a Chief Radio Supervisor as when I was doing their accounts all the greenies were junior rates on rotation from the Chatham Standby Squadron ?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hello
The ladies will get a notification from SB's post. I'm not much help on this one tbh.
If want someone on here to be notified you wish to contact them put an @ in front of their screen name (no spaces). They'll get an alert to say they've been mentioned, by who and on what thread.

Salty-Dog

War Hero
Hello
You could also try Forces Reunited.
You can also search using the other ship's/unit's names.
Also an HMS London Associationssociation as well as the County Class Destroyers Association

photface

Lantern Swinger
Hello
Many thanks for your advice.
His name was Eric Cousins.He was born in 1934. Died in 1990. He was a Chief Petty Officer when he retired in 1974/1975.He served for 27 years so he joined up approx 1948/1949. The ships he served on were HMS London,Lowestoft and Scarborough. He was also based at St Angelo,Malta between 1965 and 1967. He finished his service at RNWS Beacon Hill,Chattenden.
Any information etc would be very grateful.
Thanks
Neil.

Do you know what his service number was?

This could be an Avenue you explore?

- R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk