What would you have done? Missed opportunity?

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's a given you were dropped on your head. Obviously it was not a bad thing.

I was just mildly concerned, as you implied the second born is usually a Squaddie or Crab. I'm the second born, and I'm neither (luckily)!

You know, I still can't get over the fact that I haven't joined the RAF. Thank goodness my parents took me to see HMS Belfast and the Victory as a child, and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough.

Last edited:

flymo

War Hero
"....and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough"

Sorry to spoil any bubbles you may have, but the grey thingies don't say "hoist main engines"

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"....and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough"

Sorry to spoil any bubbles you may have, but the grey thingies don't say "hoist main engines"

Here was me thinking the Victory was still afloat and being the scourge of pirates the world over.

Dang.

Must cancel application on Tuesday.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Almost a Crocodile Dundee moment .... when said "efnik fella" turns round and pulls out his knife ... pull out the pussers survival knife you keep secreted about your person and come up with "thats not a knife ... this is a .... mind an 18th C basket hilt sword would definitely have done it.

Which reminds me of a dit my mate told me a while back ... he was a civvy cruise director who has a rather nice 16th C cottage out in the sticks. Obviously the **** who broke in had been casing the joint and worked out my mate and his missis were practically always away at sea that it was empty however he obviously neglected to tip up early to look for lights and check the garage on this particular night as said mate was home when said scote broke in to thieve the family silver ... it being midnight my mate was in bed and on hearing a noise got up to investigate and grabbed a rather nasty looking indian sword (one of those 3ft long wavy things) and surprised the burgler who dropped everything and ran ... chased by a 6ft bloke with a pony tail stark bollock naked chasing him down the country lane waving a sword round his head and screaming like a dervish! Think the outcome was that the local feds had a good idea who it was and went around and felt his collar and caught him with a sack full of swag also reported as being nicked that night.

As for what I'd have done ... probably the same as 2DD and locked the car doors ... from the inside!
That's the way to treat thieving bastards, here's a dit on a similar vein.
A mate of mine has a plant hire and repair business and as such has a big yard full of heavy plant, bulldozers, diggers, 360s etc. Him and his missus were in the office one evening when she noticed two ne'er do wells trying to pinch the battery from a JCB. She tells Phil who sneaked out of the office, got his Browning trap gun out of his Landrover and from a range of about 70 yards loosed off both barrels. Helluva range for a 12 bore but it was enough to knock the one scrote off his feet. Up he got and they both ran off, Phil nonch as feck walked back into the office with the gun over his arm. His missus said 'You'll be in deep shit if they tell the Police.' Phil replies, 'They ain't telling anybody, I know who they are, the one fecker is out on bail and the other one's his brother! He's never had any trouble with thieves ever since...

Latest Threads