Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you have done? Missed opportunity?

Stirling

Banned
Well, I'm going to add the "irritating girly aspect" to this testosterone-laden conversation and ask:

When is Mrs 2DD due? Is the nursery ready? Are you hoping for a girl or boy?

:toothy3:

-----------

On the other hand, that is a rather nice sword now it's been cleaned up a bit. Must ask myself though, why am I never offered interesting free stuff like that?

*braced for incoming*

Just for you Magda, some custard

cust.jpg

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Stirling, dear man, I intensely dislike custard. Sorry, and all that.

Trifle, however, is much more my thing. Layers of sponge, jelly and all topped off with cream... and if you really want to make it tasty, soak the sponge in port or sherry.

I'm sure there must a innuendo in there somewhere, but I just can't see it...

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
On the other hand, that is a rather nice sword now it's been cleaned up a bit. Must ask myself though, why am I never offered interesting free stuff like that?

Surely you must have been offered the pork sword.

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
Stirling, dear man, I intensely dislike custard. Sorry, and all that.

Trifle, however, is much more my thing. Layers of sponge, jelly and all topped off with cream... and if you really want to make it tasty, soak the sponge in port or sherry.

I'm sure there must a innuendo in there somewhere, but I just can't see it...

Summat about how she likes to taste both puddings or swallow the custard, most likely.

I'll get my coat....

Last edited:

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Well, I'm going to add the "irritating girly aspect" to this testosterone-laden conversation and ask:

When is Mrs 2DD due? Is the nursery ready? Are you hoping for a girl or boy?

:toothy3:

-----------

*braced for incoming*

Sprog is due on Thursday, we're having a girl this time round, so one of each which is cool.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sprog is due on Thursday, we're having a girl this time round, so one of each which is cool.

Good luck to you & the Mrs 2DD.

I remember when we brought number 1 daughter home and placed her on the couch. We looked at each other and I said "what do we do now".

Happy days!

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer

:) Aww. Best of luck with mountains of pink matinee coats, blankets, booties and babygrows which are surely heading your way. And the sleepless nights!

Good luck to you & the Mrs 2DD.

I remember when we brought number 1 daughter home and placed her on the couch. We looked at each other and I said "what do we do now".

Happy days!

I think my parents said something to that effect when they brought my older sister home.

By the time I was born, I think they'd just given up.

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's a well know fact the second born are always dropped on their head. Normally they join the Army or Crabs.

My sister dropped me on my head, I take it that counts? Though maybe it was for the best, despite the fact I grew up in Crab Central, I'm still joining them wot sail on the blue wibbly thing.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It's a well know fact the second born are always dropped on their head. Normally they join the Army or Crabs.

Brilliant, No 1 son was a WAFU and now your telling me No 2 son could be a crab, life just gets better!!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
My sister dropped me on my head, I take it that counts? Though maybe it was for the best, despite the fact I grew up in Crab Central, I'm still joining them wot sail on the blue wibbly thing.

It's a given you were dropped on your head. Obviously it was not a bad thing.

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's a given you were dropped on your head. Obviously it was not a bad thing.

I was just mildly concerned, as you implied the second born is usually a Squaddie or Crab. I'm the second born, and I'm neither (luckily)!

You know, I still can't get over the fact that I haven't joined the RAF. Thank goodness my parents took me to see HMS Belfast and the Victory as a child, and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough.

Last edited:

flymo

War Hero
"....and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough"

Sorry to spoil any bubbles you may have, but the grey thingies don't say "hoist main engines"

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"....and packed me off on tall ships as soon as I was old enough"

Sorry to spoil any bubbles you may have, but the grey thingies don't say "hoist main engines"

Here was me thinking the Victory was still afloat and being the scourge of pirates the world over.

Dang.

Must cancel application on Tuesday.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Almost a Crocodile Dundee moment .... when said "efnik fella" turns round and pulls out his knife ... pull out the pussers survival knife you keep secreted about your person and come up with "thats not a knife ... this is a .... mind an 18th C basket hilt sword would definitely have done it.

Which reminds me of a dit my mate told me a while back ... he was a civvy cruise director who has a rather nice 16th C cottage out in the sticks. Obviously the **** who broke in had been casing the joint and worked out my mate and his missis were practically always away at sea that it was empty however he obviously neglected to tip up early to look for lights and check the garage on this particular night as said mate was home when said scote broke in to thieve the family silver ... it being midnight my mate was in bed and on hearing a noise got up to investigate and grabbed a rather nasty looking indian sword (one of those 3ft long wavy things) and surprised the burgler who dropped everything and ran ... chased by a 6ft bloke with a pony tail stark bollock naked chasing him down the country lane waving a sword round his head and screaming like a dervish! Think the outcome was that the local feds had a good idea who it was and went around and felt his collar and caught him with a sack full of swag also reported as being nicked that night.

As for what I'd have done ... probably the same as 2DD and locked the car doors ... from the inside!
That's the way to treat thieving bastards, here's a dit on a similar vein.
A mate of mine has a plant hire and repair business and as such has a big yard full of heavy plant, bulldozers, diggers, 360s etc. Him and his missus were in the office one evening when she noticed two ne'er do wells trying to pinch the battery from a JCB. She tells Phil who sneaked out of the office, got his Browning trap gun out of his Landrover and from a range of about 70 yards loosed off both barrels. Helluva range for a 12 bore but it was enough to knock the one scrote off his feet. Up he got and they both ran off, Phil nonch as feck walked back into the office with the gun over his arm. His missus said 'You'll be in deep shit if they tell the Police.' Phil replies, 'They ain't telling anybody, I know who they are, the one fecker is out on bail and the other one's his brother! He's never had any trouble with thieves ever since...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Rejected after having done preliminary tests and medicals (overseas candidate) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Beat the rush by getting your MOT done this summer MoD News 0
B How is the medical triage done Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
M Just done PRNC and have joining date, but have doubts too Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: Skipper rescued off Salcombe 'had done all the right things' MoD News 0
WreckerL Not done Perisher then ? Submariners 2
Pish Lads I’d like to ask about the swimming during the prnc , is done in 30 m pool ? and what do they consider as a fail during the swim test? Joining the Royal Navy 10
A Well done......... The Fleet Air Arm 30
BillyNoMates The daftest thing(s) you've ever done....mostly. Diamond Lil's 19
M Has anyone had their ENG1 done at the HMNB Portsmouth? RFA 2
D Phase 1- Done and dusted. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Good CO [All Done ]Site outage from 0200 GMT Monday 17th Site Issues 12
K Type 1 Diabetes, with 10 years done. Whats going to happen to me? Health & Fitness 5
B Not done GCSE,s RFA 8
T MCD PJFT - How is it done? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A time done trying to find any 1 joined up 22/6/76 The Quarterdeck 24
stan_the_man Whats the most stupid thing you've done Diamond Lil's 63
G Done the unthinkable, I lied Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 90
Waspie I've done a bad thing. Diamond Lil's 0
B Anyone done distance learning at sea? Finance & Pensions 6
frogman007 Well done Libya Current Affairs 31
Good CO Software upgrade done this morning - any errors here please / Blog removed Site Issues 39
stan_the_man The Chimp has done it again Diamond Lil's 15
soleil Navy News: "Commandos Keeping Insurgents In Check – But Still 'Hard Work To Be Done'" The Corps 0
trelawney126 I'd of done her twice, as well The Gash Barge 11
B Any one doing or done an advance driving course? Motoring 4
T Done this a Few Times Miscellaneous 0
finknottle If you had done this you would have been lifted. Current Affairs 37
sussex2 Oh no he's done it again... Diamond Lil's 139
Rumrat what have you done? Diamond Lil's 76
S Feeling hard done by History 2
Rumrat Perving....we've all done it. Diamond Lil's 14
X.R.D Done it!!! :-) Charity 17
Topstop Well done Percy Current Affairs 3
O RT Test Done.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R077 Soldering- What have I done here then? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 6
scouse Launch at Anchor!!!! didnt know it could be done?? The Fleet Air Arm 15
2_deck_dash How circuits should be done Health & Fitness 2
T "It didn't cross my mind that I had done anything wrong" The Gash Barge 67
shellbackmac Well done AFC Wimbledon and Clydebank - back from the dead Sports and Adventure Training 0
S What's the dirtiest thing you have done in bed? Diamond Lil's 19
WhizzbangDai BNP/Polish Spitfire...should have done their reasearch The Quarterdeck 19
NotmeChief Well done the British Public Current Affairs 7
higthepig done Diamond Lil's 24
C whats to be done with chavs?! The Quarterdeck 32
Bergen Well Done Australia Diamond Lil's 3
L Well Done Joe Calzaghe Current Affairs 5
seafruit thats that done! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Smiffy_the_Shipwreck Well done lads! Current Affairs 16