What would you do??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dave11, Jul 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. I have my RT on the 18th of August and I need to revise a lot as I have been out of education for 11 years. I have just started revising and I'm waiting on some books to be delivered. I have about 4weeks to prep for it. The woman at the AFCO is great and emailed me saying if I wanted more time she can re-book my test to the 8th of sept. This would give me an extra 20days.
    I just want to know what would you do in this situation? Would you re-book for extra time or just go for it?
    Thanks
    Dave :)

2. JCT

JCT Badgeman

Do what you feel is best. If you're not prepared, push it back. Don't **** it up through a lack of patience.

You're trying to join the military, you're a big boy now. This is for you to decide.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 18th of August is plenty of time! Have a search through previous threads as there is a lot of really useful revision tips and advice for the RT.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A test fail is a twelve month knock-back. Over to you.

5. I had mine on Tuesday, (22nd of July) I didn't find it that hard to be honest, the hardest part was the time, there's like 30 questions in like 9 minutes,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Were those 30 thirty questions not really 30 questions, but like 30 questions, and were those 9 minutes not really 9 minutes, but like 9 minutes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. i Reckon that it was like a test wth like a lot of questions to be answered in like a short time like. Wonder if he like asked the other who were like taking the test if they liked it:angry1:

8. I like how you liked my comment - that's like funny!

9. Is that that 30 questions thought out test or 30 question for each section?

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Try a online IQ test.

If it says your a spaz, you can save a few hours by forgetting the RN and spend them playing minecraft. But 'IF' it says your descended from Einstein go out on the piss the night before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 30 questions in each section.

12. I found that completing online I.Q tests was helpful as quite a few of the verbal/non verbal reasoning questions were loosely related to it. Hope it helps

13. Thanks rice.ben. I'll take a look thanks :)