What would I be doing????

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Oct 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just talking to my mate and he said "Just think what you'll be doing on a Saturday afternoon at Raleigh!!"

So what kind of things would a recruit be doing on Saturday afternoon in say weeks 1-3?

2. Washing, ironing,bulling your boots...........do you still do that or are you issued patent leather ones? :?

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hiding in the locked toilet cubicle, to avoid being beaten up..?! :?

4. In the NAAFI getting the nutty and wondering if you have done the right thing.

5. In weeks 1-3 you will be working on your kit ready for the next week, although in the programme it says that it is free recreation which means you can go to the gym or for a run around the camp. It will depend on how well you think your kit maintenance is coming along In week 4 you will be working on your kit ready for another kit inspection. Week 5 will be spent on Dartmoor. Week 6 will be on HMS Brecon. Week 7 at the China Fleet Club for some down time and in Week 8 you will be allowed a few hours shopping in Plymouth if you wish. So your weekends are pretty much as busy as the weekdays. Enjoy

6. ah Dartmoor! I so loved telling the trainees that the NAAFI wagon was on top of Gutter Tor, and would they mind awfully getting me a Twix please!

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nah, Kendal Mint Cake, surely..? :lol: