What were the scandals and court cases involving singer David Whitfield.

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by jesse, Jul 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :read2:Can any old hands, 2Bm, 1939, Jerryhatrick etc help me. I know David Whitfield was in the mob , Seaman Gunner 1943 1950 and most of his biography. But Google and company are no help in tracking down the court cases that blighted his career. I think one concerned being too friendly with a female fan but I cannot track any thing down. Any for mentioned old hands with long memories help please.Did one involve smally boys? I do hope not!:sad:
  2. wal

wal Badgeman

All I know of the man was that we in the RN cast his ashes into the Humber back circa late 70's early 80's. The old grey cells have been addled with too much alcohol these days to remember which ship I was on at the time.
  3. David Whitfield passed away in 1980. His ashes were taken out to a point in the North Sea 5 miles south-east of Spurn Point by HMS Sirius.
  4. My dad took me to see David Whitfield at the Gaumont in Donny when I was a kid. We went backstage afterwards to get his autograph, he seemed a very nice man who took time to talk to us. I didn't know he'd cum frum 'ull. I thought all celebs came from Lunnun (or Merika) in those days.
  5. ...fittingly, a rather exposed coastline.
  6. Remember David Whitfield and Russ Conway being in the mob, both batting for the other side!!! Both had loads of hit tunes. Think Davids best was Cara Mia. But not a patch on Jays version,and voice Jay & The Americans - Cara Mia - YouTube
  7. Sadly I found your post because I was following up a memory from my childhood of reading a newspaper article stating that he had been found guilty of "interfering" with children. Such a thing was new to me, and that's why I remember it. Your remark is the first "validation " of this though. Seems to have been wiped from the record.
  8. wal

wal Badgeman

We scattered his ashes in the Humber from HMS SIRIUS , circa late 70s early 80s. The brain cells are not all there these days.
  9. wal

wal Badgeman

I've just read back and I've already posted that three years ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Aye, wal. It's probably the brain cells are not all there. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. My mother was his number one fan till the court case, which involved young boys, after that his carrier was all but over,I remember seeing him in some two bit (night club) on the west coast of Ireland in the early seventys sad case.
  12. Welcome to the site Nolan.