What were the scandals and court cases involving singer David Whitfield.

:read2:Can any old hands, 2Bm, 1939, Jerryhatrick etc help me. I know David Whitfield was in the mob , Seaman Gunner 1943 1950 and most of his biography. But Google and company are no help in tracking down the court cases that blighted his career. I think one concerned being too friendly with a female fan but I cannot track any thing down. Any for mentioned old hands with long memories help please.Did one involve smally boys? I do hope not!:sad:

wal

Lantern Swinger
All I know of the man was that we in the RN cast his ashes into the Humber back circa late 70's early 80's. The old grey cells have been addled with too much alcohol these days to remember which ship I was on at the time.

All I know of the man was that we in the RN cast his ashes into the Humber back circa late 70's early 80's. The old grey cells have been addled with too much alcohol these days to remember which ship I was on at the time.
David Whitfield passed away in 1980. His ashes were taken out to a point in the North Sea 5 miles south-east of Spurn Point by HMS Sirius.

My dad took me to see David Whitfield at the Gaumont in Donny when I was a kid. We went backstage afterwards to get his autograph, he seemed a very nice man who took time to talk to us. I didn't know he'd cum frum 'ull. I thought all celebs came from Lunnun (or Merika) in those days.

Sadly I found your post because I was following up a memory from my childhood of reading a newspaper article stating that he had been found guilty of "interfering" with children. Such a thing was new to me, and that's why I remember it. Your remark is the first "validation " of this though. Seems to have been wiped from the record.

wal

Lantern Swinger
We scattered his ashes in the Humber from HMS SIRIUS , circa late 70s early 80s. The brain cells are not all there these days.

My mother was his number one fan till the court case, which involved young boys, after that his carrier was all but over,I remember seeing him in some two bit (night club) on the west coast of Ireland in the early seventys sad case.

:read2:Can any old hands, 2Bm, 1939, Jerryhatrick etc help me. I know David Whitfield was in the mob , Seaman Gunner 1943 1950 and most of his biography. But Google and company are no help in tracking down the court cases that blighted his career. I think one concerned being too friendly with a female fan but I cannot track any thing down. Any for mentioned old hands with long memories help please.Did one involve smally boys? I do hope not!:sad:
There was no scandal involving David Whitfield, he never interfered with small boys at all David was a ladies man in the mid 1960s he was appearing in a sea side resort in a summer show that ran for several weeks and was accused of indecent exposure to two young girl fans, he was never found guilty of interfereing with them or anyone else . and found not guilty so his career was not blighted at all as David still made records in the 1960s/1970s/ and appeared in theaters / night clubs/ and died whilst on his 13th, tour of Australia , he was only 53yrs old and was fully booked for further work for another 2 years he brought pleasure to millions with his fine tenor voice from the begining of his career right up to his untimely death on the 15th, of january 1980 in Australia