What was your favourite Drinking area in the world

Looking at the post about sh!tt!ng, bought back fond memories of the Gut in Malta.
Jack had many favourite spots around the globe where he would gather with colleagues to enjoy a friendly drink or ten.
We had:
Bugis street in Singapore
Wanchai in Hong Kong
The Gut in Malta
Union street in Guz
Patpong in Bangkok
Killidini Rd in Mombasa
Steamer point in Aden (back on board by 1800)

Where was your favourite, and which one was your downfall?

J.J.

Midshipman
After a year as a singley in Gib in the very early 80's I fondly remember major drinking sessions in wonderful establishments such as The Barrel House, Lottie's Beer Keller, Cannon Bar, Donkey's Flip Flop, Mad Bish, Boxer Bar, Bat and Ball, Oliver Twist, Captain's Table, Mason's Arms, Duke O'Boots, Star Bar, Anchor, Chimney Corner, Buccaneers .... oh sod it - every bar in Gib :D

sold a junior in most of the above/or was i sold/the cities are thre but the places have movedstill a run ashore is what you make it,i had a good run ashore in portsmouth once or twice but wil never admit it under intera gation!!!!

Rig run: All of Newcastle UK. (The worlds best run ashore.)

In Civvies: Bugis Street, Singapore

Best individual Bar: Texas Bar Lisbon

Nutty

Barcelona as a run ashore is hard to beat.

Texas Bar, Lisbon is a memorable venue. They have some nice girlies in there who'll sit on your knee and let you flop their tits out to play with.

The Nearest bar that's open - after that a good matelot (and 'is mates) will make it a good run ashore

Kinda reminds me of Mad Frankie in the Dock and Railway - Falmouth! Few wets on a Saturday lunch, in comes this bloke with his dog, he tells it to sit, it sits! Some locals said thats an obedient dog but only for his boss! Yes sez his owner I'm the only one who can tell him to do anything, he won't do nuffink for anyone else! 'Really' sez Frankie with a gleam in his eye (oh shit thinks us, were's the bloody door) 'Yep' sez the owner. 'Bet I can tell him to do something and he'll do it!' 'how much'; so a prize is fixed and the money lodged with the landlord!

'Right' sez Frankie, picks the dog up and chucks it on the open burning fire! "Get off!" Shouts Frankie.........He won his bet! Got his money, and for some reason we got banned! Mind you 'twas only for a week (landlord knew which side his bread was buttered on)- those where the days!

:D The volcano club on the Ascension, :lol: happy hour on a Fri night with lots to munch on, followed by a good nights sleep in the garden, or ontop of a sherpa van!

Nutty you have great taste mate , down the Big Market area of Newcastle , just cant be beat , fxxxxxxxxxxxg awesome , pussie to die for , & a decent pint , lovely jubberly , :D :D

dondon said:
Nutty you have great taste mate , down the Big Market area of Newcastle , just cant be beat , fxxxxxxxxxxxg awesome , pussie to die for , & a decent pint , lovely jubberly , :D :D
Of course my taste is impecable Geordie Pussy the best meal in the world, to die for.

Visits in 66, 68, 71(RN) 78, 86(Plod) 2000 (Civvie)

As you say awesome

Nutty