What was that? Oh, it was only an earthquake...

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by sgtpepperband, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I found this marvellous real time world map of seismic (earthquake noises) which one can stare at for hours and hours. It is therapeutic.

Have a go.

2. Not too bloody theraputic if your in the middle of one! 8O :twisted:
    ChristChurch, not too far up the road from mlne, had a 7.1 quake on the 4/9 at 4.30AM.
    It shook us up pretty well (Stood in the doorframe of our bedroom for a couple of minutes!! Brrrrrr!).
    ChCh got lots of damage, not as bad as some International media Orgs are stating, but bad enough. 50.000 odd claims for damage to housing so far and rising.
    Aftershocks of at least 4 are still happening. Felt one today and we're 364Km away! :cry:
  3. I'm glad you've mentioned that, NZB. When I heard about the earthquake on the news, I did find myself thinking "I hope that NZB and Blobby are OK".
  4. Thanks Sol, we're struggling through with copious infusions of alcohol, so little has changed from before the quake. :oops: :lol:
  5. How differently our minds work Sol.

While you were worrying about them, I was laughing at their misfortune.
  6. Great site! Even better if you could click and drag them to where you fancied.Could really give Paris a shake up. :D
  7. Yes I wouldn't mind giving Paris a shake up.
    But not all night. The Hilton is too expensive for me. :roll:
    I think you'll find its illegal to drag anyone around,even if you fancy them or not.
  8. It was while sipping that shite they call beer through a straw in Kiwiland at a place called Rotoroa, when I felt the tremble beneath one's feet. Back home the tremble would normally be a overladen eastern european wagon carrying gawd knows what. The Maori Princess alongside with the healing hands[thats what she told me anyways]stated it happens app fifteen times a day in that area. Them there mud pools sure aint cooling down.
  9. Fantastic idea! :D

Ooh, I'm spoilt for choice :twisted: