What to wear!

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by reactionz, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my gf is passing out of the navy. any ideas on what rig i go in. i thought it was lovats but apparently her po said i have to come in blues. ??

2. What has her PO got to do with what you wear? Will she tell her parents etc what colour shirt etc to wear?

3. All I know is it's a No's 1's with gongs affair, so if you're a booty as you've posted this in the Corps section I gather you are, then wear you're No's 1's with gongs.

If you ain't a booty but you're a Matelot then god help us!

If you're civi what the f*ck does it matter what you wear?

4. ha yea im a bootneck mate. i just fort it was lovats cos ive seen other bootys go to marines pass out in lovats so assumed it was same for navy. alright cheers mate.

5. I'm sure one of the booties will be along and confirm I'm no expert on Booty dresses. I personally never seen a Booty in blues at a passing out parade only seen them in Lovats even the drill instructors

6. When we had our Afghan medal presentation our token booty pilot has his Lovats on so I presume that will be OK?

Just give the Drill Instructors at Raleigh a call!! 1212 is the number I think?

7. exactly ive only ever seen em in lovats thats why it confused me when i heard otherwise

8. ok cheers

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Go in civies

10. i was gonna go in civvies. apparently you gotta go in rig i reckon thats bulls**t

11. Go in lovats. I went to my cousins pass out down Raleigh wearing Lovats and no one said owt.

You wear blues and you will make all the Baby matlots look like fecking scran bags.

12. Besides if you go in blues, someones bound to ask you what time the next bus is!!!!!

13. Wear what you like, it's her day, all eye's on her. If you want to go in civvies do it. Go in rig and you'll end up in Navy News as a feel good factor phot opportunity but it's your call. Been on a few Raleigh divisions and only ever seen Booty guests in lovats (unless your a bandie, what instrument do you play Royal:D )

14. Take you tambourine as well!!

15. Ask her what she wants, uniform or plain clothes. If uniform then Lovats.

16. Just checked with an oppo of mine who happens to be the Base Warrant for Raleigh and he said the official line is serving personnel attend in best bib and tucker with medals (blues) or attend in civvies as no-one will be any the wiser, hope that helps.

17. Just treat it like a normal run ashore and go in drag :wink:

18. Or what instrument you play!!

IMD

19. I was going to suggest naked - except for the roll mats of course.

20. thanx mate. ill go in civies then.