What to wear to Acquaint course?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Feagal, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I've got my acquaint course coming up and I wondered what sort of civvies I should be wearing down there? I know you are supposed to arrive at Raleigh with a suit on nowadays but I'm not sure what to wear to Collingwood.

I figured a shirt and trousers maybe, just to be on the safe side?

Cheers.

2. Something smart to travel down there - suit not necessary, just smart and tidy.

You will receive a list telling you what else to take in terms of clothing.

3. Suit, although you won't be loked down on for turning up in jeans.

4. Christine Hamilton did an interview on Radio 4 apparently in a public garden for nudists. Both she and the radio interviewer were starkers! So if an ex-MP's wife can do it I suggest you lap up the janner sunshine and Acquaint yourself with public nudity. It will be good preparation for showering with other naked men! :lol: ;)

5. If that's all you're worried about it should all go pretty well. If in doubt though stick with the trousers.

Good luck and enjoy.

SF

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The navy will like to see what you wear normally, if thats a tracksuit with white trainers and burberry cap then its not a problem.

7. err i think it will be, you wouldnt go up there looking licke a chav, they will take one look at you and think thet you are a right prat, because most people who dress like that are

when i go am just going to wear black trousers, white shirt and tie

dress smart

but not looking like a bloody chav, they will have a fit

8. witsend

Best get yourself down to JJB or you'll be the odd one out.

9. I'd have thought that Branch fashions would be required.
    Seaman= Painters overalls, own paint brush and scraper for the really keen.
    WAFU= Blanket, pillow, futon and do not disturb sign.
    MCD= Full length mirror, compact mirror, gold lame suit for that 'LOOK AT ME' look.
    etc etc

10. Thanks for all the feedback.

I've decided to wear a black business suit with white Reebok trainers, plus a burberry tie and baseball cap - that way I've got all the bases covered I think?

11. I'm well used to showering with naked men - and it's one of the main reasons I'm joining up! ;)

12. witsend

RR now has its very own Wan Gok. Not sure about black suit, maybe I can suggest something like this

[​IMG]

13. Bless. Don't forget your Brut soap-on-a-rope! 8)