What to take to first draught.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Soothsayer, Jan 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just passed out of phase 2 and omw to drake. just wondered what extras i will need. I will be in dock manpower for a few months so should i take an iron but that means getting a larger kit sized bag since it will not fit in either div or kit bag now. And any other xtras apart from few civvie cloths could you suggest i should take.

Thanx

2. Draught? I like a good game of Draughts

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Fer Fucks sake here we go again. Over to the rest of the RR's because I can't be arsed.

4. I can't even be arsed to say I can't be ar...

5. Are civvie cloths different to pusser's?

6. A kit sized bag? how bigs a kit?

7. A dictionary?

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

A pint of Scrumpy was my first 'draught'.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No you dont need an iron.

You're a fully trained matelot now so are expected to look like a bag of shit just like the rest of them.

Oh...you can grow your hair down to your collar and call RM Stripeys "Sarge" now as well.

11. One of those makes you cringe posts.

For me, my answer - a glass to put my 'draught' in.

Or do you really mean 'DRAFT' as in posting to speak the pongo vernacular.

If the latter, then please apply common sense. This can be found at slops but do speak kindly to the chap behind the counter as it is in short supply.

12. wal

wal Badgeman

Is Jaggo's Mansion still standing?

13. Tropics are a must. Iron - dont worry to much about it but leave it in one of the blocks so that the rest of us can use it when we get sent back there on courses because we cant be bothered to bring our own.

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

First draft/assignment? Copious tubes of hemorrhoid cream, because you're gonna get f*cked every time you're Duty Watch.

Oh, and make sure you keep some change in your sock for the bus fare back from Swilly, because you're gonna trap some crocodillahumptypig every time you go ashore in Guzz... :shock:

15. Just take a set of 8s, you can get everything else you need from Louis Bernard.

Top tip: if you need extra cash at the end of the month, buy an Xbox from them on credit and then sell it down Cash Converters.