What to study to become AET

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by P-38, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to apply for AET but now I'm a bit scared after my reading of many people failing the RT test. I have two questions 1. With in-depth detail what should I study for the RT test? 2. What happens and what should I do if my test score is to low?
  2. I just took my RT test on Wednesday, the majority of it was easy peasy. In my opinion, the only part of the test which could be carefully studied/revised for was the numeracy section. Most of that part is multiplication/division of numbers with two+ digits, there were a few concerning fractions as well. But by all means go over online sample tests - I found the sites listed on a sticky in the Newbies section very useful. Before I took the test one of the blokes at the AFCO told me that if I didn't get a high enough mark for my chosen branch then I would be told afterwards what jobs I did score high enough for, fortunately for me I scored high enough so that wasn't a problem.

Good luck on your RT when you take it!

3. Thank you all very much this info may save my ass!
  4. NUTS, ZOO, FHM, LOADED and the sun!! you will spend the majority of you time reading them when you qualify.
  5. You will need an xbox 360, clicky bed, sun tan lotion, weights and weight bar, training mat, and if you are unlucky some overalls so you can look busy sometimes. ^~
  6. Oh so true.

Don't forget the aifield allowance when disembarked off those horrid dirty smelly grey things.

Yours truly,

Life long WAFU and proud! :thumright:
  7. Oh and "Cockpit", might as well get used to how it is written, for when you mess up and have to write an article.
  8. I thought it was written on your behalf? To tell you how much of a cnut you are!?

9. Agreeing to write one usually lessens the punishment, but increase the humiliation!!