What to bring?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Ja5on, Jul 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am having my presentation night at HMS King Alfred Tuesday what should I take with me?
  2. Doughnuts and cream cakes always go down well.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A bottle of Rum, a tin of tobacco, erm... can't remember the other bit.
  4. A good pair of spit and polished hob nail boots!!!! :roll: :roll: They still make you double everywhere at Whale Island??Dont they?? :wink: :wink:
  5. Sensible answer would be smart casual with a notebook and pencil.........but my non-sensible head says novelty eiffel tower, large cuddly toy from clinton cards and a large strap-on to bribe the butch WReN types!!!
  6. Rock up with an uckers board tucked under your arm and a crate of Red Death. I would suggest wearing steaming bats with jeans and a deployment T shirt. Call everyone shippers, even the officers. Break open the Red Death and shoot a few tins, opening them with any tool from a rigging set. Start a fight with one of the other candidates then fall asleep and piss yourself.

You should fit right in.
  7. To our unit i would say a sense of humour :D - to other units i've visited might i suggest a large pinch of salt :wink:
  8. Thanks shall I also bring my own paintbrush and elbow grease or would that be seen as showing off
  9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

You'll also need supplies of red and green oil for the port and starboard nav lamps, plenty of prop wash, a bucket of steam never goes amiss and naval stores are always looking out for long-stands for issue. You could also impress the recruiters by making it know that you're willing to train in adquals such as Splash-target coxswain and Oropesa jockey.
  10. Make sure you go to stores and get a large Spur-Lash. Ask them for the biggest one they have, trust me on this it is very important, the bigger the better.
  11. you failed to mention a skirting board ladder, navy issue long weights and tartan paint
  12. Don't be so ridiculous, everyone knows Tartan paint was phased out and replaced by DPM paint years ago. ;)
  13. Sorry didn't realise thats modenisation for you :lol:

do they still have micheal screwdrivers?
  14. Surely you mean a left handed screwdriver?

And what kit bag would be complete without an issue of sky hooks to hang your laundry off!
  15. What about a nipple clamp to go with it all?
  16. I was thinking more of some fallopian tubing and 30 metres of shoreline aswell. Plus ask the duty plonker for a clip for your ear aswell!! :D
  17. How about Anticlockwise Plugholes to sort out any drainage problems when visiting the southern hemisphere? a Luminous Sundial so I can read the time off it at night? My solar powered torch should save money on batterys also.
  18. Sky hooks
    Sparks for angle grinder
    Long stand
    Long weight

You get the idea!!